Foreign players not learning the language

I'm playing in the premier league and I signed a french player nearly two years ago. The languages section on his profile still only has french.

Is this a little bit weird? Most of my other signings have made it to English (basic) in six months or so, and surely he must need to speak a least a bit of the language living in this country?

Anyone else seen this?

I've had this as well however the player in my scenario was at my club for 3 years and still didn't have any level of the language on his personal screen. After the 4th season he ended up learning the basic level of it.

I suppose it is down to the player in particular and certain hidden attributes.

I have this problem as well. It took Andriy Arshavin at least a year to learn a bit of Spanish. Surely it doesn't take a year to learn the words he'd need in a match? It's the same with my young Brazilian players as well. I'm pretty sure on 08 they learned the basics of the language within half a season.

Miguel Torres in my Rangers game on learnt basic English with 1 year and then he got sold. Where as Martin Caceras learnt English before he left and that was in the same period of time. So it must be something to do with the players adaptability although I have had Arshavin in this game and he learnt the basic speak within 6 months.

I think this is one of the things FM got right this year, some players just don't or can't learn the language. I remember reading an article recently where they interviewed Cassano and he mentioned that Beckham was unable to speak Spanish ('cept a few swear words which might mean basic english in-game) and Beckham had been there for like 4 years!

Archived