Looks like he is used to playing a more direct game than asked today!

If you let him keep his current instructions he will adapt to your style of play though. I had a player who was used to play a slower, less direct game than what I wanted. After 6 months or so he started getting used to it and he's been my top performer ever since :)

Im afraid that hasn't worked for me as i have been playing Stevie G right behind Torres or Keane and my Ass. Man always says he prefers a more direct style of play! This has been going on for a season.

The trouble is the clarity.

Do they mean he prefers to attack in a more direct style? That he prefers to pass in a more direct style? That he prefers the ball into him in a more direct style?

If they'd have worded it "... is used to passing the ball long more than is asked today" then the confusing would disappear.

The trouble is the clarity.

Do they mean he prefers to attack in a more direct style? That he prefers to pass in a more direct style? That he prefers the ball into him in a more direct style?

If they'd have worded it "... is used to passing the ball long more than is asked today" then the confusing would disappear.

Thats well put!

Archived