Averagely Struggling!

I am doing poorly in all three of my save games and havent had a good game on FM09 yet!...Im sure its me but I just want to know why...I have managed Nottingham Forest and I saved then from relegation in the first season and in second season I was sacked after about 15 games in the second season after inconsisent form...my other save game I was Bournemouth were I was battling relegation and was about 2 games off safety with about 5 games to go where i was given the chop and now my third save game I am am Leicester and im 9th after 10 games...and once again inconsisent...Now I have never been so poor in previous years and i was just wondering if anybody else is finding this year tougher?

The main thing I have noticed is all my sides cannot pick up a run of results...

Anybody else finding this...Not moaning love the game! (which I personally think is a credit to myself after I keep performing so poorly)

I was in the same boat, and then I had a look in the tactics forum and found myself directed to the guides there. You'll find some really useful help if you read through them yourself. I can't recall exactly where I found the guides but a quick look over there will surely unearth them.

I found the biggest cause of improvement in FM09 is to get your player mentalities right. If there's too many gaps between each player's mentality then all will go wrong. You also need to think about how you are going to get around the tactics of the opposition and alter your tactics to do so.

One more thing that I've often found is a key to success is scouting the opposition. I do so much better when I have a scout set to scout the opposition than I do without. If you don't use this then do so. I can't help but think that it may be triggered to be used in your training, so that players know who they're facing.

Finally, you need to use team talks to your advantage. Saying the right thing is often the difference between a win and a defeat. I found a great guide to this somewhere and have been doing wonders ever since. You can help yourself out by reading your assistant manager's team feedback after every match. That will tell you who has reacted well or badly to what you have said.

I hope at least something of what I have said has been of hope. Good luck and I hope you can get your form up.

There's actually one more thing I wanted to say, and it is about Bournemouth. Don't be to disappointed to have been sacked from there. I think there is a problem with board objectives not recognising point deductions. This would mean that you could be lower table in reality. but would have been doing well without having had points deducted. Your board won't recognise this and will be tempted to give you the boot anyway. I started a Bournemouth game and found myself out of the bottom two by December. Without the deduction I would have been knocking on the doors of the play-off places, but my board were still not happy with how I was doing.

cheers anagain that is a great help!...And to reply to cityull i normally go for 4-1-3-2 using a defensive midfielder and have a slightly attacking short passing quick tempo side but like i say i have experimented around loads to try and get results with all my teams!

Archived