Why Does the ratings increase after a game?

As the topic suggested at 90th minute a player has a rating of 5.8. After the final whistle all of a sudden his rating goes up to 6.5. It happens in all the games. What does change in stoppage time? Is it realistic? Or is it a bug? This is the first FM (CM) I see something like this.

the 5.8 rating is given for his first halp performance. if it goes up to 6.5 it means he has improved his performance during the second half. performance as in overall 45 min performance not the 2-3 min performance. like you said, in the 90th min he has a rating of 5.8 and it suddenly arises to 6.5 after injury time. the 6.5 is his overall performance in that match taking into account how much he has improved his performance. i hope i made myself clear :)

It's been in the past few editions. It's not new to FM09.

I haven't seen something like this in the past. There maybe 0.1 changes that I wasn't paying attention, but 0.5 to 1.0 changes for the stoppage time seems to me unrealistic. I mean the score doesn't change, the stats doesn't change but the rating changes. How realistic is this?

the 5.8 rating is given for his first halp performance. if it goes up to 6.5 it means he has improved his performance during the second half.

I mean at the minute 90 the rating is 5.8, then 2-3 minutes stoppage time and the finale whistle and the rating goes up to 6.5. the difference is for the stoppage time not for the second half.

i always thought it was down to whether you won-draw-lost a match genraly if its 0-0 and someone has a below 6 rating i have noticed if i won the game late on almost everyone in my team had their rating increased due to me winning.

same in real life sometimes 1 goal can boost a whole teams rating just due to the fact they won

Sorry for the late reply. Thrower I can understand the increase of the rating if I win with player X's goal.

My point is the score doesn't change. The only stats that change for a player is maybe one or two passes, tackles more and right after the finale whistle; rating goes 0.5 to 1.0 up. Sometimes if I make a sub right after the substitution the rating goes up again.

The only logical explanation is that the match engine calculates overall statistic. I imagine the calculations should happen no more than 5 mins in a match time to be realistic, so the rating should not change do drastically. Even the overall calculation is the case, how come a player has 5.8 rating first half, 5.6'ish up to 65th minute and right after substitution he has 6.8?

Archived