Loan fee...........

Is this new to patch 9.02?

Previously if a player was listed for loan I could loan them with no fee and often just by paying part of a players wages. Now I can't loan a single player listed for loan without a fee?!?!

And quite often if a fee is agreed the club then also look for the players wages to be paid in full.

I play as Dundee and when I get promoted to the SPL I always look to take one or two Premiership youngsters on a season long loan and have never had to pay a fee. In my first two season I had about 3-4 loan signings each year with no fee yet at the start of my 3rd season (new patch now installed) premiership teams are looking for upwards of £1m to loan their youngsters.

Is this specific to the new patch? I have read the 10 pages or so in the new patch thread but cant find any mention of this. Hopefully it is just a bug because I know lots of SPL teams bring in premiership/championship players on loan without a fee (Roy O'Donavon & Willo Flood to Dundee Utd from Sunderland & Cardiff and Anthony Stokes from Arsenal to Falkirk being perfect examples recently)

Thanks.

IMO in previous versions it was always unrealistic to be able to sign any loan signings for no fee - if you want to sign a future star on loan for a year then IRL you would pay a fee - but this sounds like it's been taken a bit too far?

Yeah completely agree. It was also possible to loan players listed for transfer and not contribute towards wages which was also unrealistic but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another.

Last season I had Febian Brandy from Man U for no fee, this year he is listed for loan again but they now want a fee of £1.25m.

About time they added it .. I't felt like cheating when i got .. Bichoff, Angel Di Maria, john o'shea, Fabio, Rafael, Phillip Degen, Fabio Aurelio all on loan for free to Gremio.

I do agree that it's a good addition I just feel it is very unrealistic. Generally (in real life) if players are available for loan the agreement is usually alomg thye lines of the team bringing the player in on loan pay between 30-50% of the players wages. Again, to use real life examples Dundee currently have two players on loan. Shinnie from Rangers and Dodds for Kilmarnock. Both were available at no fee and Dundee pay around 30% of both players' wage.

The loan with fee and future option is more realistic I admit but having to form out over £1m for a 19 year old reserve player on loan is unrealistic imo.

Hopefully there will be a realistic happy medium in the next patch.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm moaning, this is constructive criticism whick I hope SI will appreciate.

It was in FM08 afair but wasnt compolusry? The advantage of paying a fee is that players cant be reacalled. IF you pay the fee does it get discounted of the agreed transfer fee?

Kind of. You can pay a loan fee and have an agreed price to buy him at the end of the loan. Look at the above post re. Balotelli. During the period of the loan if a club wants him for 10M or 20M - tough, it's your call at the price you fixed. I think it's a great way to try a player without committing yourself too far.

Archived