Creation dates for newgens FM2009

Hi, I've decided to start a new thread to try and compile all of the creation dates for newgens/regens. Here is what I have so far, please add any of the ones I have not found yet. :)

Jan 1 - Brazil, Chile

Jan 5 - Rep. Ireland, Iceland

Jan 7 - Finland

Jan 10 - Colombia

Jan 15 - Africa (exc South Africa)

Jan 20 - Norway

Jan 28 - Peru

Feb 14 - Belarus

Jun 7 - Baltic States, Georgia, Bosnia, Cyprus, Armenia, Montenegro, Albania

Jun 20 - Germany, Ukraine, Portugal, France, Turkey, Israel, Australia, Scotland, Hungary, Croatia, N.Ireland, Greece, Switzerland

Jun 24 - England, Austria

Jun 29 - Slovakia

Jun 30 - Italy, Czech Rep, Poland

Jul 1 - Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia

Jul 7 - Denmark, Holland

Jul 10 - Serbia, Spain

Jul 15 - South Africa

Jul 20 - Mexico

Aug 1 - Argentina, Uruguay

Sep 19 - North/Central America & Caribbean, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Paraguay

Dec 9 - Japan, Middle East

Dec 27 - Russia, USA, China, Sweden

I copied this from a thread earlier this week [thanks to LFC Rule] -

16-12-2008, 05:39 #12 LFC Rule

Amateur

Re: FM2009 Newgen / Regen Creation Dates?

Season End Dates for FM09

(Dates on which regens appear)

Brazil 1-2 / 2 January

Iceland 1-5 / 5 January

Ireland 1-5 / 5 January

Finland 1-7 / 7 January

Africa 1-15 / 15 January

Norway 1-20 / 20 January

Belarus 2-14 / 14 February

Croatia 6-20 / 20 June

France 6-20 / 20 June

Germany 6-20 / 20 June

Greece 6-20 / 20 June

Hungary 6-20 / 20 June

Northern Ireland 6-20 / 20 June

Portugal 6-20 / 20 June

Switzerland 6-20 / 20 June

Turkey 6-20 / 20 June

Ukraine 6-20 / 20 June

Wales 6-20 / 20 June

England 6-24 / 24 June

Slovakia 6-29 / 29 June

Belgium 6-30 / 30 June

Czech Republic 6-30 / 30 June

Italy 6-30 / 30 June

Poland 6-30 / 30 June

Bulgaria 7-1 / 1 July

Slovenia 7-1 / 1 July

Denmark 7-7 / 7 July

Holland 7-7 / 7 July

Serbia 7-10 / 10 July

Spain 7-10 / 10 July

South Africa 7-15 / 15 July

Argentina 8-1 / 1 August

Japan 12-9 / 9 December

Middle East 12-9 / 9 December

China 12-27 / 27 December

Russia 12-27 / 27 December

Sweden 12-27 / 27 December

United States 12-27 / 27 December

• 4 months later...
Do you have all players from Brazil loaded, or the Brazilian league running as either view-only or playable?

Neither. Will this have a big effect?

I didn't load all players from any natiion because I didn't want to unbalance my game. I though there would still be a fair amount of regens.

For instnace, whe I look at Brazilian teams squads most teams have around 15 "real players".

It will severely affect the amount of regens that come from that nation - this is quite different to previous versions of the game :(

I find this very disappointing.

How can you strike a balance then? If you load all players from a country then by the time you get a few years in, most squads will probably have an unrealistic amount of players of that nationality.

But if we want a balanced game by selecting a small number of playable leagues that too will unbalance the game! Surely the point of having a large database should distribute regens fairly amongst the major footballing nations.

So Europe should dominate with Brazil ad Argentina pitching in with the most from South AMerica. And the odd gem from the Far East and Central America.

Does the large database simply increase the players and staf from the countries you have loaded?

If so, in im opinion it severely decreases the enjoyment of the game. Playing in the Premier League, instead of having a world of players to choose from, my game will be packed with lower league players whom I will (hopefully) never need to utilise.

You've pretty much just summed up what happens.

Surely if I, a mere novice, can see this situation S.I. could have anticipated it.

I'm in danger of becoming part of an elite group of moaners and complainers. Not that there is anything wrong with moaning or complaining. I think some people forget that this game is a product, and like any other product, it has a shelf life. If poroducts had no shelf life there owuld be no more NEW products. And if there are no more new products, companies profits don't go up, they go down.

The bottom line is as much as the consumer would like to see a perfect game with no flaws, if S.I. produced this there would be much less demand for FM10 or FM11.

That's why it is easy to see why they limit the patches to 3. Any more than that and they will reduce the amount of people who will buy next year's game. Interestingly, any less that 3 patches and they will also reduce the copies sold next year, because people will formt he opion that they don't care if the put out a "sub-standard" game.

The last thing S.I. want is long term playability. That's why "game-breaking bugs" are left in such as the Italian Co-Ownership Problem.

I'm not criticising - I'm simply poiting out to those people who have complained. If you feel so strongly, don't buy future installments. But if you do, don't moan that it isn't perfect - it simply isn;t meant to be.

The same conspiracy theory that everyone has had about versions of Windows for years.

A load of rubbish.

Haha! I hope that was with sarcasm!

One thing I would say about Windows is that the shelf life is longer than most products. And in fairness, a new edition of windows does not render the previous obsolete. It can be said that PC manufacturars do that.

Granted, FM10 does not make FM09 obsolte either, but the cost is significantly less so the consumer can easily justify paying for it.

Good old internet cynicism.

There's no proof to backup what you're saying, and you've gone from pointing out what you see as a flaw, to unfathomed conspiracy theorist in just a couple of posts.

No doubt you'll think I'm naive, but ce la vie.

Not at all my friend. And it's no conspiracy theory, The flaw I have pointed out is no game breaker and won't put an end to my managerial days.

It's just simple marketing. Obviously companies want to put out improvements but if you get too close to perfection your market can dry up.

FM as a series is getting close to perfect (maybe not in some people's opinions). I'm not saying bugs are deliberate, but some are obvious yet overlooked.

S.I. need to release a game a year. It's hard to improve on what we have so new features are brought in, which subsequently need improving. It will always be this way until there are no more "new ideas" - and that day is a long way off.

Of course it's a conspiracy theory, to insinuate that a company releases purposely bugger versions just so they can make more sales of the next version is up there with superkeepers and hovering your mouse cursor in the right place.

I'm not saying the game is bugged intentionally. That would be devious and immoral. What I said about the Co_ownership bug is that by the time it's been identified, from a capitalist point of view it makes no sense to fix it. Work has begun on FM10, so many million units of 09 have been sold. Profit made, time to move on withthe next installment. Why bother fixing the bug, after 3 patches. If 50 people don't buy the next game becase they didn't fix that specific bug then the loss in revenue would be less than the cost of fixing it.

Please understand, I'm not claiming the game is made to be useless after a year. This is not true since many people talk about they're favourtie version fo the game from years gone by and in fact still play them. My point is most products have shelf life. If they didn't, companies would go bust. S.I. naturally want to be profitable and will release a game every year as long as there is sufficient demand. But if, one year, they made the "perfect game" people would have no need for a next installment! That doesn't mean to say they don't want their game to be as good as it can be, but that if it turns out not to have zero bugs, it's not actually a bad thing because consumers want more, better, faster, stronger, tougher products.

With rgards to mouse-hovering, a simple case of in-built human superstition. Not S.I.'s way of making you paranoid.

I'm not saying the game is bugged intentionally. That would be devious and immoral. What I said about the Co_ownership bug is that by the time it's been identified, from a capitalist point of view it makes no sense to fix it. Work has begun on FM10, so many million units of 09 have been sold. Profit made, time to move on withthe next installment. Why bother fixing the bug, after 3 patches. If 50 people don't buy the next game becase they didn't fix that specific bug then the loss in revenue would be less than the cost of fixing it.

I'm more than 100% convinced that the fixing or not fixing of bugs has nothing to do with one eye on future sales

Please understand, I'm not claiming the game is made to be useless after a year. This is not true since many people talk about they're favourtie version fo the game from years gone by and in fact still play them. My point is most products have shelf life. If they didn't, companies would go bust. S.I. naturally want to be profitable and will release a game every year as long as there is sufficient demand. But if, one year, they made the "perfect game" people would have no need for a next installment! That doesn't mean to say they don't want their game to be as good as it can be, but that if it turns out not to have zero bugs, it's not actually a bad thing because consumers want more, better, faster, stronger, tougher products.

There's no proof of this. People will buy future versions based on new features alone, without having to rely on the fixing of broken already implemented ones.

I'm more than 100% convinced that the fixing or not fixing of bugs has nothing to do with one eye on future sales

First of all, you cannot be 100% more convinced of anything. Secondly, even if you are convinced that doesn;t make you right. In fact, it makes you more likely to be wrong since you are less open to other theories (conspiracy or not). The labelling of me a conspiracy theorist is mildly insulting especially from someone whom I percieve to be very helpful on tese boards both with me and other posters. In all honesty that surpirsed me. Whether you agree or disagree with me does not give you the right to claim that my opionion is mere fantasyland material. I respect your view and politley disagree with it and at the same time try to justify my point by stating (IMO) logical ideas. Not once did I say that you were being naive or blind to the obvious.

There's no proof of this. People will buy future versions based on new features alone, without having to rely on the fixing of broken already implemented ones.

That is a point that I have to agree with - clearly sales are made through new features. That is why features are marketed heavily and there a severla threads detailing people's ideas. The point I made about bugs not being fixed is not to make people buy the new version - as we have discussed the new version WILL sell on new features alone. All I was saying was that it is not financially in the company's interests to put resources into even more fixes when thety are prbably well into the development of FM10. Furthermore, any new fixes would have no profit attatched to them and a very limited number of people who would benefit from them (limited compared to the people who actually own the game) Finally, any new fixes made to the current game would not make anyione else buy it. Anyone who hasn't bought ot already will probably wait for FM10

First of all, you cannot be 100% more convinced of anything. Secondly, even if you are convinced that doesn;t make you right. In fact, it makes you more likely to be wrong since you are less open to other theories (conspiracy or not). The labelling of me a conspiracy theorist is mildly insulting especially from someone whom I percieve to be very helpful on tese boards both with me and other posters. In all honesty that surpirsed me. Whether you agree or disagree with me does not give you the right to claim that my opionion is mere fantasyland material. I respect your view and politley disagree with it and at the same time try to justify my point by stating (IMO) logical ideas. Not once did I say that you were being naive or blind to the obvious.

That is a point that I have to agree with - clearly sales are made through new features. That is why features are marketed heavily and there a severla threads detailing people's ideas. The point I made about bugs not being fixed is not to make people buy the new version - as we have discussed the new version WILL sell on new features alone. All I was saying was that it is not financially in the company's interests to put resources into even more fixes when thety are prbably well into the development of FM10. Furthermore, any new fixes would have no profit attatched to them and a very limited number of people who would benefit from them (limited compared to the people who actually own the game) Finally, any new fixes made to the current game would not make anyione else buy it. Anyone who hasn't bought ot already will probably wait for FM10

EDIT: Sorry about the poor quoting!

Archived