I cant take this any longer!!!!

Hi Guys,

I am sorry for the outburst but I just can't stand FM09 the game it self when it runs is a good game and an improvement on the previous FM's which I have bought ( as well as the champ manager series games)

HOWEVER I AM DISGUSTED

at the activation policies and the lack of support in clearing up the issues

fm09-fup.gif

The Problem I have relates to the following error (821)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=65715

I have had the game since it was released (via steam) and EVERY time I have loaded the game up I have been forced to delete the certificate from the the program data folder

C:\ProgramData\Sports Interactive

Then re-activate my key, now this wasn't perfect but at least I could play the game I legally paid for

That was until today, I logged on to the boards just out of curiosity only too see a patch had been released, so I boot up steam and install the patch

and guess what I can't play the game not even when I delete the certificate/re-activate my key

Correct me if I am wrong but are patches not meant to IMPROVE the users experience? None of the options offered via the board have helped my personal plight and I don't for one second think I am only one.

yeah the original title wasa bit blunt to be honest

but c'mon we all paid for a fully functional game (bugs are a different story) but the whole activation debacle is really getting to me

and now since the new patch has been released i can't even play the game, its a bit out of order if you ask me

So have you followed the instructions given regarding -821 in that thread?

yip, tried everything the board has to offer and the screen shot is a visual representation of the error messages as a result of following the instructions provided.

You need to contact Customer Services....

and that's it is it? so no patch or work around just a phone number and then pay x for said customer services call on top of the £ I have already paid for a game that I STUPIDLY thought that once installed the would work, just like 99.9% of the other PC games I have bought yet FM09 is somehow different, why is that?

What a joke.

Archived