Not a moan about FM09 but need some ideas...

I've been playing the FM series for many years now... back to the days when it was Championship Manager and although they have been "buggy" i have still enjoyed playing them. The thing is I got FM09 on the day of release and although it took me 8 hours before i could play it due to the authentication issues I eventually got underway and played the game for a good few hours.

I must say I do think this version of FM has made great improvements, what with the 3D engine...but then...

I found myself after 2 days (not non-stop mind you ;) )... BORED!

I can't beleieve it. After years and years of this game playing til the early hours I am now finding myself...clicking Continue...Continue....Continue etc... on the screen and not really getting involved in the game and I think back to the days when I was excited to finish work and get home and play it for hours. Not anymore!

I come on this forum during the day at work (plus side of working in I.T ;) ) and read the posts and think I will be up for playing it again when I get home.... I load up a new game...and then after an hour I lose interest again and can't get involved!

I dont blame the game as I think its a great version... but I just think naturally I am starting to grow out of FM. I will still always play it...but maybe not in the fanatical way I used to...

Anyway has anyone else come to the same situation I find myself in.... ?

Maybe I need some new challenges to make the game more interesting again....?

It's POTENTIALLY the best. I was sceptical about 3D but I think they've done a good job considering how hard it must be to marry the graphics up with the match engine. Not perfect, but a definite step in the right direction.

Most of the bugs have workarounds but stopping the long-shots and getting your strikers to score are very time-consuming (the "it's your tactics" all-in-one advice centre) and many people don't like having to do this because most of these workarounds should be common sense to 'real' players. I concede long shots very rarely and my strikers are not too far away from average prem players; they just don't score freely like past FMs, but then my season takes three days to play, so I'd probably welcome SI making the game just a tad easier.

Personally, though, no matter how many rants I read, I've not found any game-breakers or anything bad enough to stop me playing. But then I don't play with Serie C on my game so I guess I'm just patient.

I found myself after 2 days (not non-stop mind you ;) )... BORED!

I can't beleieve it. After years and years of this game playing til the early hours I am now finding myself...clicking Continue...Continue....Continue etc... on the screen and not really getting involved in the game and I think back to the days when I was excited to finish work and get home and play it for hours. Not anymore!

Same here mate.....How old are you?

I'm 29 and have been playing since the first CM .Ever since the first of the FM series the longest I manage now is about 2-3 seasons max and then seem to slump into the same thing your talking about.

In a bid to rekindle those all nighters i'm playing dafuge's fm09 challange.http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62170

Picked the side closest to me and of I went. Not quite back to days of trying to dream up super tactics at work but it definatly brings the fun back for me anyways.

Archived