My striker scores loads and Arsenal don't dominate my game

1 striker is not the key. My strikers also score with 2 up front. At least I feel they score a realistic number of goals, but maybe some people have very high expectations?

My striker stats (matches/goals):

39(4)/22

29(15)/16

28(10)/9

8(13)/7

As we can see, some are scoring below par, but this is to be expected. Actually, I'm only unhappy with the guy with 9 goals.

My strikers are doing okay this season, but last season I had a horror show when none of my strikers could score to save their soul, but the new kid is doing exactly what I was expecting of him. Not to say that the game is anything but realistic here, and if fact I think it's the best one in a while for realistic numbers of goals from strikers. Last year I had a couple of strikers at a ratio of a goal a game and a couple of seasons beyond that.

Statistics wise, my strikers in order for the last 3 seasons. I'll call them PP, HS, DA, VK* (new) and DS** (Left club):

So, this season:

PP: 6(8)/4

HS: 13(2)/4

VK: 15(1)/9

DA: 4(2)/6 - Yes, he scored a hattrick and has played the next 4 matches... I was nearly going to sell him too!

Last Season (With the nightmare goal drought):

PP: 38(4)/18

HS: 51(8)/22 - He had 22 hours of football (not continuous) without a goal, including hitting the post at least 10 times and having 5 ruled out! He was on 5 at the end of the winter window before picking up his game and putting in an okay season.

DS: 6(7)/3

DA: 22(19)/17

Season before that:

PP: 61/32

HS: 54(4)/27

DS: 10(13)/7

DA: 19(21)/7

I have seen the strikers not scoring but then I adjusted my tactics and get a reasonable return, my main guy for Munich got 19 league 30 in total for the season.

Arsenal have one the EPL once man u and Liverpool the other times and Arsenal beat me in the CL final last season on penalties.

So all fairly normal

my issue is not so much the number of goals in total, but the number of goals compared to clear cut chances and one-one-ones. Players like Adebayor who has 17 for finishing and composure on my game a few months in who i reckon has missed 90%+ of one on ones. And this year its not because of 'super keepers'...because he shoots straight at them every single time! They don't even have to move! Now I know he was a bit overpowered on 08, but this is just ridiculous and very annoying. And he also refuses to learn the 'places shots' ppm. As far as I'm concerned, once its one on one, tactics should go out the window, and its all about the skill/composure/confidence of the striker vs the keeper. Apparently this will be addressed in the 2nd patch...I sure hope so.

Archived