Were the commentators right and is it in FM?

I was watching Real Madrid Vs Sevilla on sky sports and the commentators were talking about Schusters future, during which they said that in Spain you cant hire a manager that is employed at another team during the season. They said that they would have to wait until the end of the current season if they wanted a manager at another club, is that why they employed Ramos as he was unemployed at the time? Also is this rule in FM?

I was watching Real Madrid Vs Sevilla on sky sports and the commentators were talking about Schusters future, during which they said that in Spain you cant hire a manager that is employed at another team during the season. They said that they would have to wait until the end of the current season if they wanted a manager at another club, is that why they employed Ramos as he was unemployed at the time? Also is this rule in FM?

Regarding Spain irl, yes this rule is correct- during the season they cant 'steal' a manager

I dont know about it in FM though

I dont follow Spanish football that much but is really nice to know about this and it is a great idea,maybe they should have this everywhere so managers get a fair chance instead of the revolving doors you see elsewhere.

Doesnt stop it happening though does it? Not a lot of us know what goes on behind the scenes with regards to managers and clubs talking! For instance, Redknapp and Tottenham. Would Tottenham have got rid of Ramos if they weren't sure Redknapp would come or not? There is still nothing to stop tapping managers up in Spain so they quit their current role on the promise of the Real Madrid job!

Doesnt stop it happening though does it? Not a lot of us know what goes on behind the scenes with regards to managers and clubs talking! For instance, Redknapp and Tottenham. Would Tottenham have got rid of Ramos if they weren't sure Redknapp would come or not? There is still nothing to stop tapping managers up in Spain so they quit their current role on the promise of the Real Madrid job!

Yeah you are right,it is a seedy buisness now,though maybe lets take Ince he has his back to the wall and maybe the directors would think twice if they had to either a.get a manager that is out of a job,or b.try to tap one and risk a huge fine.

This is also the case in Italy, and often leads to coaches being sacked, and then brought back again if their contract hasn't been settled, as the club that sacked them is the only one they can coach in a season.

Should be in FM.

Yeah you are right,it is a seedy buisness now,though maybe lets take Ince he has his back to the wall and maybe the directors would think twice if they had to either a.get a manager that is out of a job,or b.try to tap one and risk a huge fine.

It would make the club think twice with regards to the fines, however football is a results business, and while Ince is under pressure, there are also likely to be several more managers under pressure! All it needs is for one of these other managers to get the boot, Blackburn want that manager then its bye bye Ince!

Its completely unfair in my eyes! There is far too much pressure on managers, even young novice ones, but it is a results driven busines. Im a Newcastle fan, geordie born and bred, and i think Sam Allardyce never got the time he deserved! If left alone i think, longer term, he could have done a job for us! Its a lot to do with fan power. I was at St James' Park in Allardyce's last game, we didnt perform very well, the fans got mad and started on Allardyce and the board and that was it. He was gone!

It has been well documented that clubs who have had the most success/are most improved are the ones who stuck by their managers!

Ferguson

Wenger

Moyes

Sorry to beat on lol!

yep again I agree,look at fergie he was 1 match from getting the sack and now look at what he has done,I found it insane that last week on Football focus they were asking if wenger was under pressure!!I aint no gunner fan but this is just stupid,as for Moyes I would love to see any other manager do what he has done with the budget he is allowed.....yes ok I am Scottish :p

Yes this is the rule in Spain. Anyhow, Ramos has a very good reputation in Spain so he would have got a job there sooner rather than later but I did not think that Real Madrid would be the next place he was going to end up at. I suppose that they have made sure that it was not much of a risk by only giving him a contract until the end of the season

Archived