Strange transfer happenings

I just offered one of my players to clubs for $0 with no clauses (there are about 10 or more teams interested in him). Three of the teams said they might make an offer if I decided to lower my exorbitant demands.

I guess this is a bug - but is there (or should there be) an option to tell the teams that you'll pay part of the player's salary, or that you'll throw in some money along with the deal? I'd be willing to toss in some money to seal the deal and get rid of some salary. This must happen in real-life sometimes.

Not sure that your board would like the idea of you paying another club to then give them one of your players

If you want shot of him that badly and are willing to shell out for it, just release him from his contract, he will want some form of compensation and as he is a footballer it won't be cheap, but its either that or keep trying to sell him

This was in in FM08 iirc. when you bid for a player and the club accpeted the bid the contracts things started. On a few occasions I had the the player only wanted to join me/or leave me if the other club/or my club paid a part of his salery.

Nothing you could do on this, except reject this, but not that you can ask this a in the contract details or so.

Haven't seen this in FM09 (yet)

This was in in FM08 iirc. when you bid for a player and the club accpeted the bid the contracts things started. On a few occasions I had the the player only wanted to join me/or leave me if the other club/or my club paid a part of his salery.

Nothing you could do on this, except reject this, but not that you can ask this a in the contract details or so.

Haven't seen this in FM09 (yet)

I had this but in reverse - I'm a couple of months away from finally paying off Boumsong, the useless sh!te

I had this but in reverse - I'm a couple of months away from finally paying off Boumsong, the useless sh!te

Well at least you get some transfer income from him and you are not paying his whole wages.

Archived