No shocks

I'm still playing the demo but there have been 5 rounds of the Carling Cup and 3 rounds of the FA Cup and I've barely noticed a shock amongst them. The biggest I've seen so far is Carlisle drawing 2-2 at home to Sunderland. Is this a known thing as I'm sure they've really underestimated the magic of the cup competitons!

Oh, and the derbies in the FA Cup is just ridiculous. I heard about it but didn't know it was for every single game! Barnsley vs Sheff U, Weds vs Donny, Villa vs WBA, Wolves vs Coventry, Palace vs Arsenal, Tottenham vs Chelsea all in one round. Plain daft. Is this sorted on the version I'm gonna buy tomorrow or will it only be sorted on the next patch in late December/January?

PS Other than these small issues, the game's great ;)

Even if there is a shock the game ignores it half the time, I knocked three teams who were either a league or two leagues higher than me out of the FA Cup in my current season and despite being rated about a 10-1 outsider at least on those three games, there wasn't a murmur from the press when we won.

I've noticed on my game that in the three rounds of the Coppa Italia I've played so far, I've played teams who I have a league fixture against either immediately before or immediately after.

This used to happen a lot on previous versions too. Anyone know why?

Archived