Unrealistic expectations

I recently started a new game as Charlton. The boards expectation was to make the play-offs in the Championship.

I made the play-offs, and won promotion through them. I got to the last 16 of the League Cup and the Quarter Finals of the FA cup.

Then I started my second season, and the boards expectations were cup success and a respectable league position, which seemed a bit odd, given I had just been promoted and in reality the only expection would be staying up.

I've played 3 games in me second season, winning a league cup match, and losing two premiership matches, 3-0 at home to Liverpool and 3-1 away at Man City.

However, now the board message is 'even though the clubs financial situation is extremely secure, the board is slightly disappointed with your perfomance'

Like I say, this seems odd, because A) the expectations were quite high, and B) no newly promoted club would be disappointed after only two premiership games.

Is this something that will be looked at in future versions?

I've posted on this subject in other threads also. There have been a few times where I couldn't believe I was close to getting sacked eg winning the belgian title 3 times in a row as a team that starts lower league and then coming 2nd next season and being given the vote of confidence.

Yeah I brought Blackburn back up after they went down and they expected a reasonable league position first season in the Premiership. Mind you, we did still have Santa Cruz, Warnock, Nelsen, Gamst Pedersen, and Derbyshire as well as Witsel and Ben Arfa coming in on frees...

Most realistic board I've had so far on this game? You'll never guess....

Inter.

I think it would be awesome for the next psp version to have a system similar to the pc for board expectations. Say you have 3 options from the board when you start as manager of a club and you can agree a 2 or 3 year plan which has an effect on your budget etc.

The way the game is just now with the big expectations means that you can be taken by surpise with the board.

Another thing I have thought about is that in future versions if you far exceed the boards expectations it should give you at least one years grace to have a not so successful season.

It is not realistic to win the german double and the champions league at Stuttgart and then have fans protesting and being threatened with the sack only 6 months later no matter how badly things are going.

Yeah I think in general the expectations of the boards skyrocket very quickly with overachievement on this game. I haven't had a problem such that I've gotten the sack yet but I could have seen it happening certainly when I was in charge of City if I'd had a few injuries in key areas.

I hope they can look at it for the next version. In FMH 08 I had a disastrous season with Newcastle, going out of all cup competitions in the first round and finishing around 16th or something. Thankfully I didn't get sacked, and I eventually turned things around and won the EPL, FA Cup and European Cup. There's no way I would have been given time to do that in FMH 09 :p

i got sacked in my 1st season with Man.Utd only 6 months in as i was 5th but still in all cup competitions and with a game in hand as well, i think i was only 8/9 points behind 1st! so SAF should have been sacked by now if he had the same board, lol

i got sacked in my 1st season with Man.Utd only 6 months in as i was 5th but still in all cup competitions and with a game in hand as well, i think i was only 8/9 points behind 1st! so SAF should have been sacked by now if he had the same board, lol

Your not SAF though Ridley and you never will be sitting 5th after 6 months hehe.

One thing i'd say about this subject i've noticed. When you get a job at one of the big clubs with high expectations you generally get a good 6 months of the board simply saying "we look forward to along era bla bla" so you get a good bit of time before you are under pressure. Of course when you start a game at one of the big clubs there will be no such grace period!

You need to be successful fast when you start a game as Man Utd, Chelsea etc.

Plus if you get a job at a big club rather than just start at one presumably you've built something of a reputation already so the board are more likely to give you time. Think of it this way, Avram Grant was under pressure at Chelsea from the word go, simply because he wasn't a big name.

Archived