Player gained NATURAL position through retraining!

I have just noticed one of my youth player's retrained position became "natural" after 2.5 years of retraining. This is something I have never seen before in FM. Has anyone encountered the same thing so far?

post on bugs forum and see what they say. maybe bug. maybe not!

Assuming he has had sufficient matches I can't see any reason why the position shouldn't become natural. I don't think anyone would suggest that striker is not Thierry Henry's natural position, just because he started out as a winger.

Couldn't agree more. But previous version I have not seen players able to be trained to natural position. Let's hope this is FM09 feature and not a bug. :)

Assuming he has had sufficient matches I can't see any reason why the position shouldn't become natural. I don't think anyone would suggest that striker is not Thierry Henry's natural position, just because he started out as a winger.

Juve even had the short-sightedness to play him as a wingback....

I retrained Owen Hargreaves to DR and it is now his natural postion, he even gets called a defender now throughout the game

Cool, I have retrained Owen to DR too, but he has yet to become a natural DR. One question though, if we remove the position retraining after they gained the natural position, will they lose it? Or it is there for good?

Well for me it still gives you the option of keeping the retrain at DR.

I have left it there, even though it uses 10% of his workload, as he is my first choice right back.

I retrained Anderson to play AML and he gained Accomplished, I never play him there now and am retraining him for MC and his AML is still at an Accomplished level!

I think this is a good addition to the game. I am currently retraining a number of players but nobody has become natural yet. Could somebody perhaps make a back-up save game and then go on holiday to find out if players regress in ability? Would be good to know.

To be fair lots of players have retrained IRL, particularly in their youth, to a natural position.

Michael Carrick was a striker growing up?

Christian Dailly started as a striker at Dundee United but moved to the back, his natural position.

To be fair Dailly is a football genius, I bet he was better than Pele when he played there

Archived