players missing from search?

Hi Guys

Im searching for strikers at the moment, and with just pace and finishing as my search criteria the search function isnt bringing up everyone in the game that it should. Why is this anyone know?

for example, I did finishing 16, pace 14, and striker as position, and it brings 4 players up. Ive just been looking at Robert Lewandowski, who has these attributes, and the search doesnt find him. This makes me think Im missing out on players, how do I find them if theyre not being brought up by the search?

anyone help me out?

Hi Guys

Im searching for strikers at the moment, and with just pace and finishing as my search criteria the search function isnt bringing up everyone in the game that it should. Why is this anyone know?

for example, I did finishing 16, pace 14, and striker as position, and it brings 4 players up. Ive just been looking at Robert Lewandowski, who has these attributes, and the search doesnt find him. This makes me think Im missing out on players, how do I find them if theyre not being brought up by the search?

anyone help me out?

this might sound stupid but have you got the ask manager to rule out unrealistic players thingy checked with a tick

Is there anyway of getting a general scouting of players on a free in your country? so those that are unattached but not "well-known" can be looked at?

Like when you go to team report and your assistant manager recommends players to fill weakest area of the team, they are players that don't show on the normal player search. Coming to think of it this should surely be a bug, as if the assistant manager has knowledge of these players, they should show on the search results.

When searching, the clue is above the search results:

"Well-known players in your region"

The search screen should not list every single player in the game. You need to find a lot of them out for yourself. You can do this by scouting and sending scouts places.

so what your saying that there could be better player outside your region but you have to discover them for yourself ahhhhhhh now thats going to change my game i was under the impression that that list was all the players in the game lol

so what your saying that there could be better player outside your region but you have to discover them for yourself ahhhhhhh now thats going to change my game i was under the impression that that list was all the players in the game lol

me too! thanks guys, ive seen that "well known.." thing many times over the years, but when trying to work out why people wernt appearing (yes i checked to make sure my ass.man wasnt screening) I never thought of that. Ill put it down to a blonde moment this morning :o) thanks for the speedy responses guys

Matt

ooooh, so, heres another question related to the answers Ive already had, once my scout has ravaged central europe, looking for strikers, will my player search then include the guys who wernt there previously?

Yes. Any player who has been watched either in a game by yourself, or by the scout, will show up in the player search. At least that's what I've been led to believe in previous versions of FM. in LLM this is even more important, because you're not supposed to use the "Find Player" option. You can only find them by scouting, or watching them in games, if I recall the "rules" correctly, so you can't just type in the name of a well known player and try and buy them that way, you'd have to have discovered them through a scout report first.

I've noticed when starting at a club with only local knowledge but with a board that will let me send scouts at least continent wide, that getting together a good team of scouts and sending them abroad (I usually divide them up among individual countries manually, rather than assigning regions), does indeed help give better returns on player search as my club's knowledge increases.

To start with I'd generally only get British and Irish based players, and a few Spanish (I always give myself Spanish second nationality, bit of a cheat but I do have some Spanish blood) but over time more French, Dutch, Polish, Italian, etc. players would start popping up gradually as my club's knowledge of these areas crept up.

I'm guessing that's how it's meant to work and it's a good system IMO. I've always classed the Player Search as just as realistic, if not more realistic than the draconian "LLM" (as in the SI sub-forum, not the literal meaning) laws regarding scouting only.

I consider Player Search to be tapping into the built-in knowledge held by your club, any of its staff, and your in-game managerial persona (who wouldn't be completely clueless about ANYONE in the game upon pitching up at his first managerial job). It's not like it's a comprehensive database search, and I personally DO stay clear of third party scouting tools, but to each his own :)

Archived