Quick help needed re: reinstalling windows with FM on Steam...

TMLS

... as the title alludes, I'm about to re-install my windows. I have a box copy of the game activated via Steam. I've only activated it once, so I know I've got activations left, but am I better properly uninstalling FM first or just letting it disappear as part of the drive format?

Thanks in advance :)

• 6 months later...

I need to wipe my computer and reinstall Windows as well. Can someone please point me in the right direction for this? Used to be I can just backup the saved games then copy it back after reinstalling Windows. But with this Steam thing now, what am I supposed to do first? Can point me to the instructions please? I'm in year 2030 and it'd be a shame to lose everything. Thanks much.

... as the title alludes, I'm about to re-install my windows. I have a box copy of the game activated via Steam. I've only activated it once, so I know I've got activations left, but am I better properly uninstalling FM first or just letting it disappear as part of the drive format?

Thanks in advance :)

Uninstall it first just to be sure - that way you get confirmation.

I need to wipe my computer and reinstall Windows as well. Can someone please point me in the right direction for this? Used to be I can just backup the saved games then copy it back after reinstalling Windows. But with this Steam thing now, what am I supposed to do first? Can point me to the instructions please? I'm in year 2030 and it'd be a shame to lose everything. Thanks much.

If you keep hold of your steam account then you can reinstall them digitally but you should uninstall them first just to be safe.

Edit: Fanoliv-

So far as I can tell, games are saved in your documents folder still, so as long as you backup the file from your FM folder in "My Documents", you should be absolutely fine to play the game once you've reinstalled Windows and the game.

So I should uninstall the game, and this will save my Steam activation. But I don't have to uninstall Steam, right? Then I backup the saved games, tactics, etc. Then go ahead and reinstall Windows, then reinstall the game. Then enter my steam account info.? Sounds about right? I will try this. Thank you.

Archived