So whats themagic number. Players gelling

Okay well first and foremost I just wanted to say that this is the first FM I have actually been into, the last CM with Eidos was the last time i was fully immersed like this. In my game I have been appointed manager of Leeds Utd because I have offered a non refundable 18m on the proviso they give me a shot at themanager job.

In short I cheated and gave myself some funds ;)

Anyway in the first season I knew I had a team more than capable of promotion. My thoughts were to buy youngand buy nowallowing players to gel as they progress through the leagues with me hopefully meaning they are a decent unit when they hit the prem. My first season was hit and miss thoguh. I thought that even though i had strengthened with no less than 12 players it wouldnt matter as suyrely talent would prevail.

I was wrong, i had issues but after CROUCHILDINHO on here gave me somepointers I started turning it round and strengthened with 7 more players in Jan.

Team in tatters again and I ended up scraping promotion to the CCC via the playoffs which forthe team i had was a massive underachievement. I have added 10 more players and I am just starting the CCC but i have drawn and lost my first two games so it looks like the squad is having gelling issues again.

I am confident that I have the team I will take to the prem now but may add 1 or 2 stars when i get a bitmore cash further down the line.

My question is how many signings does it take for unsettling to occur?

My other thought here is originally Leeds were more than good enough for promotion I brought in loads of depth and class but instead of getting better i got worse and struggledto be promoted. Surely a team of considerably more talented players than most around them would prevail against a well organised and bonded squad of mediocre players?

I don't think you can blame your underachievement on gelling alone, although bringing it that many players - it will certainly have an effect.

There isn't a number of players that sets of the 'ungelling' because I think it comes down to personalities, hidden stats etc.

u didnt need to add 18 million funds for leeds, im tranmere in league 1 and leeds are 19 points clear of everyone else and not lost a game in 22. They will gain promotion into the championship this season.

I know that, but as i said in the op I wanted to strengthing ready forthepremin two years so i wouldnt become a yo yo club.

I think it would also depend on the club, signings themselves and their status.

For instance, at a big club you could sign 40-50 15-18 year olds in one season without unsettling the team at all. The same at a league 2 side could be seen as an attempt to flood the first team with kids and really unsettle everyone. Equally, 2-3 bad apples will rock the boat far more than 6-7 good lads with compatible personalities.

Archived