Assistant Managers. A waste of time.....again?

Started a game as West Ham and was quite looking forward to having Steve Clarke as my Assistant. That was until I saw his stats which considering his real life history and experience were shocking.

Even more shocking was noticing that the age old problem of seeing him pick a team with players in all the wrong positions was a tad annoying.

The after the game his feedback.

Stats.

Lucas Neill has had a poor game, riddled with mistakes.

Overall.

Lucas Neill has been making some crucial interceptions for us.

Now if that isn't a tad confusing I don't know what is!!! Assistant's have always been a waste of time in FM but I thought this time SI might get it right.

Any more bizarre pearls of wisdom from your right hand man? and does anyone actually bother with them?

Started a game as West Ham and was quite looking forward to having Steve Clarke as my Assistant. That was until I saw his stats which considering his real life history and experience were shocking.

Even more shocking was noticing that the age old problem of seeing him pick a team with players in all the wrong positions was a tad annoying.

I have had this problem - so I used the pre-game editor to adjust my Assman stats accordingly. This might be considered cheating but I look upon it as being realistic!

Archived