Can someone please understand my problem

Before anyone starts,I have put this into the editor forum and have read all the relevant posts BUT it still does not help.

My problem is as follows;

I brought the game last saturday and loaded and got the authorise bit though steam and can play the game no probs. The problem is I cannot find the Data editor that comes with the game.

NOW THIS IS WHERE I NEED YOU TO READ CAREFULLY PLEASE

I have followed other peoples advice who say it should come under c\program files\steam\steamapps and so on BUT i can only get c\program files\steam, there is no steam apps so how do I find the editor.

As I have stated please don't say its in the wrong forum as I have tryed there.

Are there any Mods or anyone from the testing team that can help.

ok should be through "my documents" then

My computer > C drive or wherever you installed > Documents and settings > your name > my documents > Sports interactive > Football manager 2009 > then maybe tools folder ???

If you didn't download the game through steam, then it won't be in the Steam folder anyway.

I haven't bought FM09 since I hate DRM, but in my FM08, the data editor is simply placed next to my fm.exe file in the folder I chose during install. If you haven't changed it yourself, then it's most likely in

program files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009.

hi sorry guys i have followed the instructions aswell to get to the data editor put when i try to open the data editor it says "this application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail" Can anyone please help me how to get round this issue???? thanks

Is there no one that knows the answer,either SI or Sega OR A GAME PLAYER

I too like you (and many others) have posted about the several issues re-editor, sadly "no one" has replied. I can help with what i know and this is that if you have installed via steam the game is installed into their directory, ie: in my case, D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Common\Football Manager 2009 (mouth full eh?) that is where the FM.exe is located and such but the editor is in another several directories as well. Such as D:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\Data Editor. That is where steam have placed it on default install, hence why most people cannot find it, Bad news for you (like me) is once you make a short cut so you can use it (as the game does not do that)

" It doesn't work " because it cannot find the data, and other error messages, so there there you go, now the news get worse as no one has replied via the forum or via emails sent to SI staff and such, because (and I hope I don't get flamed) they cannot fix it as it is a steam issue I am guessing. I do suspect the editor works if installed to the original default path ie Program Files\Sports Intercative...blah blah blah.

I am more annoyed no one from SI has replied to a request about a serious issue with the game (or steam) I am not sure at this point.

Archived