problems: xml & game already running

hi....i'm alex and i have bought fm09 last week....

i had a lot of problems playing it on my computer because i only have a 64mb nvidia geforce mx for now (i have in program to update the memory to 128 or so) but until then i tried to install the game anyway....obviously i had problems with the graphics.....but i installed the microsoft sdk, i updated the direct x, i installed fm09 and then the patch and for a day i have played (without 3d but who cares for now!:) )......but while i was saving a game, my pc crashed and so the file went corrupted.....it gave me the error "invalid token....at line 1 of last saved game.xml" or so, and when i close this window it seems like if the game it's been closed (even if, if i try to start it again, a message tells me that fm is already running)....i'd like to say that i have erased the saves that i had (i made a copy before they went corrupted) but the problem persists....i uninstalled fm and i installed it again but nothing changed....then i found a thread on this forum that suggested to put something to update xml files, i did it but anytime i start fm it returns to windows and says me the same thing "invalid token etc etc"......

i'd like to know if there is a solution to this because i really feel frustrated by the whole thing....moreover, i'd like to know something....if i change my graphic card (i don't know if it's the right word sorry), the problems that i've encountered will be solved?? or am i destined not to play fm09?? (i know i am a little bit melodramatic....;) )

thanks a lot for the attention, i hope you can help me and sorry for my english.....

bye, alex

Delete the cache folder for settings:-

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

VISTA (EDIT: IGNORE THE WEIRD STUFF <LI itxtvisited='1'>, just a cut and paste issue)

A.

1. <LI itxtvisited="1">Close all programs so that you are at your desktop. <LI itxtvisited="1">Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner. <LI itxtvisited="1">Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  2. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
    If you are in the Classic View do the following:<LI itxtvisited="1">Double-click on the Folder Options icon. <LI itxtvisited="1">Click on the View tab.
  3. Go to step 5.

4. If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:<LI itxtvisited="1">Click on the Appearance and Personalization link . <LI itxtvisited="1">Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  5. Go to step 5.<LI itxtvisited="1">Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders. <LI itxtvisited="1">Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types. <LI itxtvisited="1">Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. <LI itxtvisited="1">Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
  6. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

B. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

and delete the settings folder

That should stop the parsing error from showing up. I'm assuming you already downloaded it based on your post but if you haven't the suggested remedy for frequent parsing errors is to download Microsoft XML Parser latest version. Do a search as I'm sure links have been posted before (alternatively try google).

Game already running

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), click the Processes tab, locate the fm.exe process, highlight it and click 'End Process'. You can ignore the stability warnings etc. and press OK. Then start FM again.

• 3 weeks later...

hi people i have a problem with my manager i saved a game then i click manager off but now i try and get on the get and b4 i get 2 the main menu it just go's off,says not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml can anybody help me please i deleted my manager then i try installin it again but the same thing pops up.write back soon as please thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi everyone,

i'm having a nightmare problems with the game, i keep on getting xml parsing error fix invalid token at line 1 of camera everytime i try to start the game. i've followed all the instructions i've seen on the board, deleted the settings folder, renamed the shortcut to reset the preferences, downloaded a parsings patch as well but the game still has the error message.

it worked fine for a month or so then the system crashed one night during the game and it hasn't worked since. is there anything else i can do because i'm beating my head off a wall with this?

thanks

• 2 months later...

Ok, i keep getting these ****ing messages. they really annoy me. I downloaded logos, facepacks and a skin, but when i load my skin i don't have my logos and etc. I want the game to be full screen - not to see the windows start bar. no matter if i mark or unmark Load skin on confirm it just doesn't show the logos and faces... and makes the screen windowed. i had kindda same problem a week ago, but it came back when i downloaded and choose my new skin. so i tried this method and the other idea i read about - about the target and the reset preferences either way it doesn't work. please i need your help. thanks for the time.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot - the settings folder keeps coming back, no matter how many times i delete it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys please help, I'm in my 11th season on FM10 and all of a sudden XML parsing error! Invalid token at cameraline1.xml' pops up every matchday before the game. I tried to follow the above instructions but I have no 'settings' folder in my FM10 folder to delete even after ticking unhidden folder etc.. Any ideas pretty please?????

• 1 month later...

Just to say, I kept getting an XML Parsing error when I loaded the editor and to rectify the problem I followed isuckatfm's instructions above, except I deleted the settings folder for FM2010 editor. I viewed the default.xml (Where it said the error was) and it was completely blank, why I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for the info isuckatfm!!:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having some problems with the logos...

I had that problem and tried to solve this way and it did solve it!

However, when i tried to run the game again, it has no logos! Neither team nor competition logos!

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry obviously having a profoundly dumb night but can anyone talk me through how they sorted this problem for FM10, I checked the advice above but couldnt follow it. Problem occurs any which way I try to start up the game, have steam version and have deleted and re-installed game already.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Error msg reads " fm 2010 xml parsing error! invalid token line 1 default.xml "

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thanks a lot "isuckatfm",you are my idol :-) I was trying to fix this problem on many ways but only this works.

Greetings from Croatia!

Igraš li možda fm 2010? i možeš mi objasniti kako si se riješio tog errora jel ja ga imam na fm 2010

Guys i need help every time i try to install FM10 it says "football manager has been installed but there were some problems" and i cant play it. Any idea whts happening guys?

Thnks

What happens when you try to play it? Do you get an error message?

yup theas no icon it and yeh ive tried intalling it both ways just doest work, it just says there were sum errors during installation

Go to this place on your computer:

If you are installing with Steam - C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010

If are installing without Steam - C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

You should see a file called fm. Right click on that and choose copy. Now go to your desktop and right click on an empty space and choose paste shortcut. Make sure you choose paste shortcut and not paste.

You now have an icon on your desktop.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

ok so the parsing errors ar fixed and ive installed the game over again and i run fm and a littlt box pops up saying "couldnt find data folder" data/sigfx so it wont let me play

Have you created an icon like before?

Are you sure you pasted a shortcut and not just pasted the actual fm.exe file?

Archived