Refound your money Fm09

Hi there lads, I bought football manager 09 when it was released ( 14th of november ).

I didn't get my FM09 to work, and I've been trying since the release day, I've managed to play it for one hour, and then I got a bug that I can't continue playing, all just stopped ( this is seems to be a common bug according to this forum ) I closed the game, and went back on, and now I got the same problem again, cannot activate.

So here I stand, I went back to the place where I bought it and want my money back, tried for days to get this to work, but I dont get it to work, my laptop is 3months old, and got all recommendations that is requires. But the firm where I bought don't want to give me my money back, becouse they say I allready could've copied the serial. They say that I must contact SI.

So here I am. Where can I send an email, or who should I contact?

I've paied around 35 euroes, and I can't get the game to function, I think I deserve to get my money back, regardless of how what SI say, I've lost my patience, and I rather would spend my money on something else. Probarbly Fifa Manager 09

Would be grateful if some on you admins on here could tell me what to do, beeing tired of you releasing a game that aint finnished or playable at all..

Ps: sorry for bad english, just a 15 year old norwegian :)

• Administrators

This may help:

You receive the ‘Error: Application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection.

Fix:

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game

2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog

3) Select the “Online” activation

4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

If you are install the certificate incorrectly, the error message will still be visible – for more help on installing correctly, please visit:

http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certifica tion%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please note: You will require your system clock to be set correctly, failure to do so will cause an error with HTTPS. Please therefore ensure your system time and date are set correctly.

Thanks for answers, I've installed the patch via steam, I've tried everything in any form of guide, installed, re-installed, deleted root file etc etc. My point is, I want to play this game, I'm not so very good at computerig, and im tired of trying diffrent thing to make my product work. It dosent work, and I want my money back so I could play any other game. I want me wasting my time reading a guide to make my product work, it isn't really that good, the one hour i was able to play it i discovered several bugs ( graphic bug when playing a game in 3d, 2d etc, and suddently having 13 players out on the field ) I don't have much money since I got my allowence from my parents:P and I used it on this game, I and can't get it to work, sorry guys, allways supported FM, but I want my money back so that I can buy something else. All i want to do is to get an answer to where I should send a mail or give a call :)

regards

he said I should contact SI/Sega since I've already had time to copy the cd-key... Is there any sense at this?

The problem is not with SI/Sega. He sold you the game and most places will let you return if there are problems with the game. His problem is trusting you. That's not fair.

Is this a chain store (like Gamestop) or a small local place?

If the product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold then you are entitled to your money back regardless of the shop's policy on returns. Shop policy does not change the law or your rights as a consumer.

If you have the required specs and you can't get the game to work then for you it isn't fit for the purpose.

Personally, I would take the laptop in, whack it on the counter and run FM to show it not working. Then uninstall it in the shop and ask for your money back. That way you can prove that it is irrelevant whether you have the cd key or not.

The problem is not with SI/Sega. He sold you the game

As this post points out, when you buy a game from the shop your contract is with them, not the original manufacturer.

Print this page out...

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

If you do what I suggested in my post above, then according to the Sale of Goods Act, he will be required to provide you with a refund.

As this post points out, when you buy a game from the shop your contract is with them, not the original manufacturer.

Print this page out...

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

If you do what I suggested in my post above, then according to the Sale of Goods Act, he will be required to provide you with a refund.

But he is in Norway and you are referencing UK law, if I understood your post correctly.

Ah, yes, you are right Lucho. My mistake - it's early in the morning and I have a screaming pain from my wisdom tooth so I'm not on my best form.

I'm sorry about the tooth pain. But you do know that the only cure for that is a few more matches in FM 09, I hope ;)

I'm sorry about the tooth pain. But you do know that the only cure for that is a few more matches in FM 09, I hope ;)

Thank you. It has dulled down a bit, so hopefully I will be able to concentrate a bit more and knock off a few games. In between my pregnant wife puking that is.

Archived