Removing STREAM???

1. Start.

2. Control Panel.

3. Add/remove programs.

4. Click steam, then uninstall.

:)

I couldn't install the game using stream as my internet connection is a bit ropey. Is there any way I can just install the game without using stream? I managed to activate the game but I can't get into stream now to load the game (or move the fm09.exe file as i read somewhere else). Driving me mad and seems very unecessary all this stream bullsh*t!

I couldn't install the game using stream as my internet connection is a bit ropey. Is there any way I can just install the game without using stream? I managed to activate the game but I can't get into stream now to load the game (or move the fm09.exe file as i read somewhere else). Driving me mad and seems very unecessary all this stream bullsh*t!

Please don't swear on these forums.

You can activate the game using Steam or Uniloc over the internet (my recommendation would be Uniloc), or you can use the freephone number provided to do it by telephone. Like it says in the manual.

Please don't swear on these forums.

You can activate the game using Steam or Uniloc over the internet (my recommendation would be Uniloc), or you can use the freephone number provided to do it by telephone. Like it says in the manual.

I apologise for swearing but I bought the game having played FM since Champ Man 93 on the Amiga when you had to wait an hour for each new season to load, played the demo of 09 and was looking forward to continuing my demo game last night. Instead I had problems first of all activating the game, which I seem to have done. Then I managed to activate it and then from there my internet connection wasn't working and stream kept saying that because there wasn't a stream login stored on my computer that I couldn't access stream and therefore couldn't play the game. When I had already been in Stream before. So my question is really this, I have activated the game via stream but don't want to play it using stream, so how do I do this? (NB: I can't get into Stream now so I can't just put a shortcut to the FM09.exe onto my desktop).

You can navigate to

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\

and access the FM.exe directly from there, without having to fuss with Steam at all. I created a shortcut directly to this file on my desktop - no more Steam loading :)

Thank you very much Bladesman. I'll try this when I get home tonight. It was just very frustrating last night. Those us without super computers or degrees in IT are left behind as FM is the only game I play at all.

It's called Steam. Perhaps your problems are stemming from the fact that you clearly can't read properly.

What I was gonna say but felt a bit harsh :D

More to the point, Steam is a god awful platform that needs to be destroyed.

Archived