Englisher Fussball Bund - EFB FM06 Clan Thread Mrk III

efb.jpg

Ding Ding Round 3

Guess who's back....

Guess whos back....

Guess who's back with a brand new game!!!! Yes folks one of the longest running clans is back for some more action for EFB FM. Everything is in place and EFB is ready to get under way this Tuesday the 14th of March. We have six players ready to pit there wits against each other in what will be a gladiator - esque battle to find supremacy at the top of the domestic game in England and then onto Europe to mix it with the creme da la creme of European football.

The players who will be involved in this battle are:

Andy H - Host

Rob Perry - Host#2

Paul Rouch

Steff Browning

Sandy Pettigrew

Tony Hall

Please do not post in this thread if you wish to join EFB as it is invitation only. From the current players I want to see lots of banter both in here and in Mirc chat when playing. One more VERY IMPORTANT point is updates. I want everybody to be posting regular updates in this thread when we get started. No excuses from anybody!!!

Welcome to Englischer Fussball Bund (EFB), we have got re-organised and are now ready for our next instalment of football management online! It’s now our fourth edition of the clan and this of course means that it’s once again, a brand new game from SI that we will be using.

We will be using the phenomena that is Football Manager 2006, released October 21st 2005, as our battle ground for the fourth edition of EFB, having collected a lot of very experienced, dedicated and committed players through our first two editions, it was our first point of call to get them back into the running of things, they accepted immediately and it should be a joy to watch a group of such experienced players put their management skills to the test once more!

As you can also see, EFB has made it before as an FMO Established clan, this just goes to show how remarkable this game really is. Its now one of the longest running clans in the forums and its very much showing a lot of people how to run a very efficient and long term game.

We may not all be brilliant at Football Management, but what truly makes a game and a player is sticking it out, time after time, no matter what happens to your team, if they get relegated or if you get sacked, it’s the effort to stand back up and the “I will not quit, I will do great things†attitude that is more admired and I’m proud to say we have had these managers.

We only ever had simple requests from our players and they have been to post regular updates, to try and stick with it no matter how badly your team does, but most of all to join in the banter and have some fun as that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

I hope you enjoy reading the wonderful and exciting updates that will be posted in the thread and I can assure you that playing the game will be even more fun because of the people that are involved.

Let the madness re commence again!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope this one works 3rd time lucky and all that jazz

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

efb.jpg

Ding Ding Round 3

Guess who's back....

Guess whos back....

Guess who's back with a brand new game!!!! Yes folks one of the longest running clans is back for some more action for EFB FM. Everything is in place and EFB is ready to get under way this Tuesday the 14th of March. We have six players ready to pit there wits against each other in what will be a gladiator - esque battle to find supremacy at the top of the domestic game in England and then onto Europe to mix it with the creme da la creme of European football.

The players who will be involved in this battle are:

Andy H - Host

Rob Perry - Host#2

Paul Rouch

Steff Browning

Sandy Pettigrew

Tony Hall

Please do not post in this thread if you wish to join EFB as it is invitation only. From the current players I want to see lots of banter both in here and in Mirc chat when playing. One more VERY IMPORTANT point is updates. I want everybody to be posting regular updates in this thread when we get started. No excuses from anybody!!!

Welcome to Englischer Fussball Bund (EFB), we have got re-organised and are now ready for our next instalment of football management online! It’s now our fourth edition of the clan and this of course means that it’s once again, a brand new game from SI that we will be using.

We will be using the phenomena that is Football Manager 2006, released October 21st 2005, as our battle ground for the fourth edition of EFB, having collected a lot of very experienced, dedicated and committed players through our first two editions, it was our first point of call to get them back into the running of things, they accepted immediately and it should be a joy to watch a group of such experienced players put their management skills to the test once more!

As you can also see, EFB has made it before as an FMO Established clan, this just goes to show how remarkable this game really is. Its now one of the longest running clans in the forums and its very much showing a lot of people how to run a very efficient and long term game.

We may not all be brilliant at Football Management, but what truly makes a game and a player is sticking it out, time after time, no matter what happens to your team, if they get relegated or if you get sacked, it’s the effort to stand back up and the “I will not quit, I will do great things†attitude that is more admired and I’m proud to say we have had these managers.

We only ever had simple requests from our players and they have been to post regular updates, to try and stick with it no matter how badly your team does, but most of all to join in the banter and have some fun as that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

I hope you enjoy reading the wonderful and exciting updates that will be posted in the thread and I can assure you that playing the game will be even more fun because of the people that are involved.

Let the madness re commence again!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope this one works 3rd time lucky and all that jazz

robbanner1.jpg

sky2.jpg

With immediate affect Dave Jones has been sacked as manager of Cardiff City Football Club, in a statement from the club Sam Hammam he had taken the club as far as he could and in order to save on wages he was let go and a new manager on a lesser wage would be brought in

Perry Is The New Man

Rob Perry who has little or no experience with league clubs has been named manager of Cardiff City, He takes over from a departing Dave Jones.

Perry had this to say<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Id like to thank Mr Hammam for having faith in me to bring me to this great club and I will do my upmost in trying to get us to the premiership even on this shoestring budget Ive been given </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay tuned for more from Ninian Park...........

Hmmm, everyone has footballers in their banners except AndyH who has 2 pairs of tits (in his banner, not irl, at least I hope not!) Will that reflect on his performance? we shall see!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

If he wanted tits on his banner he should have given Rob two pictures of himself, or maybe one of him and one of Sandy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats harsh Steff!!!! icon_frown.gif

And to be labelled with Sandy as well makes it even worse!! icon_frown.gif

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich Appoint Brave Heart !

Norwich City today announced the appointment of rookie coach Sandy Pettigrew as their new manager. Pettigrew has not got much experience as a manager as he has only been a coach at Heart Of Midlothian for 2 years and was caretaker manager for 3 months when "Mad Vlad" sacked yet another manager from there. Pettigrew showed great promise at Hearts but had a falling out with Mr Romanov after he tried to interfere in team selection which Pettigrew will have none of. Pettigrew left soon after and had a few coaching offers but not any as interesting as manager of Norwich City.

Press Conference to follow later in the week ... ... ... ...

andybanner.jpg

Saints take on young Hepburn as new manager!!!!!

In shock news, Southampton football club have disposed of George Burley as manager and replaced him with young Scottish sensation Andrew Hepburn. Hepburn comes into this job with a wealth of coaching experience from coaching at Queens Park to his last job as a coach at Celtic Park. Rupert Lowe was delighted Hepburn accepted his job offer and has the task of taking Southampton back to the Premiership at the first time of asking. The fans however were not happy when they heard the news and staged a mass protest outside the ground while Hepburn was inside penning his contract. Hepburn breezed into the press conference room to be paraded to the media,

Sky Sports - Mr Hepburn, this is a shock to us all that you have been appointed manager of Southampton. How are you feeling right now?

Hepburn - I am feeling great. This is a great opportunity for me to step up and show exactly what I can do as a manager. I have done it at coach level and felt it was time I got a big job to show off my brilliant talents.

Sky Sports - The chairman has taken a huge gamble and the fans are not happy as you can hear, are you up for the challenge?

Hepburn - Of course I am up for the challenge, I wouldn't be here otherwise. I am grateful the chairman has given me the job but I knew I was the right man for this job. My auntie only lives near Portsmouth so it will be fun going to visit her as manager of Southampton.

Sky Sports - What do you hope to achieve as manager of Southampton?

Hepburn - I am going to take this club back to the Premiership, win the Premiership and then win the Champions League with this club. This club has been crying out for a amanger such as myself. I compare myself to Mourinho except younger and not as much of a twat.

Sky Sports - Those predictions are almost ludicrous if I may say Mr Hepburn. You honestly expect us to believe that?

Hepburn - Come back not next season but the season after at the end of June and I'll show you what the Champions League trophy looks like up close. You'll soon realise I don't mess about. This club will win the Champions League in two seasons time. You can write that down, memorise it all you want, I don't really give a crap what you think.

Sky Sports - Will you be given huge financial support to buy in new players?

Hepburn - Well I will be given some money for new players but I want to see what the current squad is made of before making hasty decisions in the teansfer market. This is a club making cuts just now and I will have to go with wahtever the chairman wants. We have a few good youngsters coming through such as Dexter Blackstock and Kenwyne Jones and with some experience to help them I think the current squad is good enough to challenge for the title.

I am tired, so with that I will be off to sample the nightlife in Southampton and pollute the minds of the young ladies in Southampton and Portsmouth as well if they forgive me for being manager of Southampton.

It certainly was an entertaining press conference from Hepburn but lets see if this boy can live up to his promises over the next season or two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Damn Sandy your intro sucks in comparison to mine!!! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol maybe but your team sucks compared to mine !!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

If he wanted tits on his banner he should have given Rob two pictures of himself, or maybe one of him and one of Sandy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And to be labelled with Sandy as well makes it even worse!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I was trying to suck Sandy in, you were merely an innocent casualty.

Reading Report

tony1banner.jpg

Session Date: 23rd March 2006

homenew.gif

Sky News Report

Kelly Dalgliesh: “Reading have made a stunning announcement that they have sacked Manager Steve Coppell's after a member of the board found him making love to the Chairmans wife. The chairman has announced that he has hired Manager Tony Hall and told him to take them up to the premiership.â€

Preseason

Players Sold: 1

Bobby Convey AM L Basel £2M

Players Signed: 1

Vincent Pericard ST Portsmouth £1.6 Initial Fee

Preseason Results

Reading_home.png Reading 1 vs 1 Middlesbrough middlesbrough_away.png

Reading Scorer: Steve Sidwell (52)

Middlesbrough Scorer: Danny Graham (83)

Attendance: 7,940

MOM: Brynjar Gunnarsson (Reading)

mkdons_home.png MK Dons 0 vs 3 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Glen Little (7 & 42) & Leroy Lita (31)

Attendance:382

MOM: Glen Little (Reading)

brentford_home.png Brentford 0 vs 1 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (45)

Attendance: 537

MOM: Stephen Hunt (Reading)

homenew.gif

Sky News Report

Kelly Dalgliesh: “Preseason is fully underway and Tony Hall has only been in charge for a few weeks and has already made a couple of changes to his side having sold Bobby Convey to Basel for £2 Million and he has signed Striker Vincent Pericard from Portsmouth for an initial fee of £1.6 Million. Preseason result wise has been very good for Reading with 3 wins and 1 draw so Manager Tony Hall is on course for a good start to his seasonâ€

And to be labelled with Sandy as well makes it even worse!! icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf I was trying to suck Sandy in, you were merely an innocent casualty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that , was never going to stoop down to your level .

rouchiebanner1.jpg

*******Breaking News*******

In an extraordinary close season for the Championship, Paul Rouch has been named by the Crystal Palace board as Ian Dowie’s successor after the Toblerone headed one was sensationally dismissed. Simon Jordan was quoted as saying “We are entering the clubs centenary year and we desperately want to get to the premiership this season, Ian has done a good job for us, but we felt now was the time for change, and the young Manger we have appointed has impressed me with his ideas and tactical nous. I am certain that Paul Rouch will guide us to promotion this seasonâ€

A Crystal Palace Supporters Club spokesman was surprised at the appointment of a new rookie manager and the manner of Ian Dowie’s dismissal “I can’t believe they let Dowie go after all his done for the club, and to appoint this unknown, well, I am gobsmackedâ€

Former Palace front man Ian Wright was more forthcoming with his opinion “Its madness, Simon Jordan has lost the plot, who the feck is this Paul Rouch fella? What has he done in professional football before this eh? Its like giving the keys of your Ferrari to a 15 year old kid!â€

Paul Rouch had this to say “I applied for this job because I feel that I have the tools required to get this club promoted. I have already identified some changes I will be making tactically, in training and also in the diets. I have a great squad of players here and with a little bit of strengthening we will be heading for promotion. I realise that this has come out of the blue, but I have inherited a great legacy from the work that Ian Dowie had already done, for which I thank him. Please do not judge me now, when I haven’t been given the chance to show you what this team is capable of, but at the end of the season when the results will speak for themselvesâ€

Ian Dowie was unavailable for comment.

Really? icon_eek.gif

[/sarcasim] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[/sarcasim] icon_confused.gif is that like [/sarcasm] but not as well spelt? icon_rolleyes.gif

[/sarcasm]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

Damn Sandy your intro sucks in comparison to mine!!! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol maybe but your team sucks compared to mine !!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see who's team sucks come the end of the season if we actually get there this time!!!! icon_mad.gif

btw my team is fantastic. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedStar101:

Reading Report

tony1banner.jpg

Session Date: 23rd March 2006

homenew.gif

Sky News Report

Kelly Dalgliesh: “Reading have made a stunning announcement that they have sacked Manager Steve Coppell's after a member of the board found him making love to the Chairmans wife. The chairman has announced that he has hired Manager Tony Hall and told him to take them up to the premiership.â€

Preseason

Players Sold: 1

Bobby Convey AM L Basel £2M

Players Signed: 1

Vincent Pericard ST Portsmouth £1.6 Initial Fee

Preseason Results

Reading_home.png Reading 1 vs 1 Middlesbrough middlesbrough_away.png

Reading Scorer: Steve Sidwell (52)

Middlesbrough Scorer: Danny Graham (83)

Attendance: 7,940

MOM: Brynjar Gunnarsson (Reading)

mkdons_home.png MK Dons 0 vs 3 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Glen Little (7 & 42) & Leroy Lita (31)

Attendance:382

MOM: Glen Little (Reading)

brentford_home.png Brentford 0 vs 1 Reading Reading_away.png

Reading Scorers: Leroy Lita (45)

Attendance: 537

MOM: Stephen Hunt (Reading)

homenew.gif

Sky News Report

Kelly Dalgliesh: “Preseason is fully underway and Tony Hall has only been in charge for a few weeks and has already made a couple of changes to his side having sold Bobby Convey to Basel for £2 Million and he has signed Striker Vincent Pericard from Portsmouth for an initial fee of £1.6 Million. Preseason result wise has been very good for Reading with 3 wins and 1 draw so Manager Tony Hall is on course for a good start to his season†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey where did you get the idea of using 3GT kits in the updates? I wonder! icon_rolleyes.gif

lol rouchie.

Would you like it better if he used creased kits instead? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jambo4eva:

lol rouchie.

Would you like it better if he used creased kits instead? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only cos you nicked them off me in the first place, you were the original copycat icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

lol rouchie.

no icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only cos you nicked them off me in the first place, you were the original copycat icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats true, where's your sense of imagination eh Sandy!!!!

Oh and Sandy that screenie will never happen in EFB till the rest of us are long gone out of the Championship.

Also get a new skin as that one is just pish. icon_razz.gif

efb.jpg

Predictions for Season 1

Me's Southampton - I have a a good enough first eleven to do pretty well in the league this season but if I get a few injuries I might struggle. I never do well in the cups so I will prolly get bounced out early on in both of them. Think it may well come down to how well i play against the other human managed teams.

Championship - Play Offs

FA Cup - 3rd round

Carling Cup - 3rd round

Rob Perry's Cardiff - Having done so well with Sheffield Utd in the previous games, Rob decides to take on a huge challenge and go Cardiff City!!!! I think he might struggle in the league as Cardiff are pretty pish and will prolly not do so well in the cups. He may prove us all wrong as he does have a lot of time on his hands to practice. He might have taken Cardiff to the Champions League on a solo game or something!!!

Championship - 10th

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Carling Cup - 3rd Round

Steff' s Sheffield Utd - Don't know what to expect from Steff and his Sheffield Utd side. He has a good team who have the potential to do really well as Rob showed us but it is Steff we are talking about here. icon_biggrin.gif Lets say he should be promoted to the Premiership and do well in the cups but with Steff. it's a lottery!!!!

Championship - 2nd

FA Cup - 4th Round

Carling Cup - Quarter Final

Rouchie's Crystal Palace - Old rouchie should win the league this season with Andy Johnson in his team, who seems to score goals for fun. He should also do pretty well in the cups but rouchie's track record in the cups is pretty rank a bit like mine, if not worse. icon_wink.gif Should be a good season for him and his team.

Championship - Winners

FA Cup - Quarter final

Carling Cup - Semi final

Sandy's Norwich - Will no doubt start like an express train then choke when it matters most like he has done every season in EFB so far. icon_wink.gif Will also buy 423493457 players in pre season and then sell most of them for being utter guff. In the cups if he gets a good draw he might be able to sneak a decent cup run.

Championship - 7th

FA Cup - 5th Round

Carling Cup - Quarter final

Tony's Reading - Having taken a good team for once, Tony might be able to shed his worst manager in FMO tag by stroming into the Premiership with Reading. He has a few really good players although he has already sold one of them, the nutter so who knows what to expect from him. In the cups he should do well with the team he has.

Championship - Play offs

FA Cup - 5th Round

Carling Cup - Quarter final

So there you have my predictions on how I see the season going for all the managers in EFB this season. No doubt they will all be wrong but hey who gives a flying feck!!!! icon_razz.gif

efb.jpg

My Predictions !

Norwich-Me- I think i should be aiming for automatic promotion with the team I have and think i can achieve it for once as long as my players dont bottle it at the end of the season again.

Steff-Sheff Utd - I think Steff will finish 3rd and not get promoted . Also think Steff will have to good cup runs and possibly get to a semi final.

Rob-Cardiff-Rob will probably be just about in the play off s or just outside . All depends on how Cameron Jerome performs !

Rouchie-Palace-Rouchie will most likely walk promotion and also have 2 good cup runs

Tony-Reading-I think Tony will have 1 cup run and finish just outside the play offs

AndyH-Southampton- I think Andy will finish in the play offs and just get up in a final against Sheffield United icon_wink.gif

They will probably all be wrong aswell as i havent managed to get promoted yet as my team not me always bottle it !

A play off final against Steff = piece of p!ss!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I blame the manager not the players for bottling it every time they sniff promotion. they crumle under your weak managerial skills Sandy!!! icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah its the players remeber my players at Wolves were all just money grabbers !

Andy and Sandy dont bother posting in our thread. You guys complained when Stevie wrote in here. It would be unfair for me to slag this clan as Rob was kind to make us banners and I dont know the other members but Sandy and Andy you guys are making yourselfs sound like you aint got a life and stay on the computer 24 hours straight. Now leave our clan alone. GOT IT?

*******rouchies Presason Predictions*******

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Palace - Managed by me I think I will win the championship and automatic promotion this season , but get early elimination in both cups

robbanner1.jpg

Cardiff - Managed by Rob Perry Rob will narrowly miss out on the title to me on the lsat day, but will follow me up automatically in the number 2 slot. An early ignominous exit in the league cup but a reasonable run in the FA cup

andybanner.jpg

Southampton - Managed by Andy Hepburn Andy will be the loser in the play off finals and will also reach the league cup semi finals, bnut go out of the FA cup at the first time of asking.

sandybanner.jpg

Norwich - Managed by Sandy Pettigrew After an unfortunate series of injuries Sandy will just miss out on a play off spot, decent runs in both cups will provide some much needed cash for Delias coffers.

tony1banner.jpg

Reading - Managed by Tony Hall Another narrow miss on the play offs after a series of undeserved results knocks this years promotion winners off track. No progress to speak of in the cups after tough premiership draws.

steffbanner.jpg

Sheffield Utd - Managed by Steff Browning A tough season see’s Steff facing the sack at Christmas with his team in the relegation zone, but then, like Dowie’s Palace of 2003-2004, the team suddenly click and go on a fantastic run that just brings them in to the playoffs as the in form team on the final day. Reaches the final, and condemns Andy’s Southampton to another championship season with a play off victory. Early exits in both cups from lower league opposition.

That’s my best guess for the season, lets hope it aint :- 12 games in to the season and the game crashes (again) and all is lost, EFB mark IV minus rouchie who was taken away a gibbering mess, by the men in the white coats icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the don:

Andy and Sandy dont bother posting in our thread. You guys complained when Stevie wrote in here. It would be unfair for me to slag this clan as Rob was kind to make us banners and I dont know the other members but Sandy and Andy you guys are making yourselfs sound like you aint got a life and stay on the computer 24 hours straight. Now leave our clan alone. GOT IT? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah blah blah. Your an absolute clown son. icon14.gif

I will not lose in the play off final this time rouchie!!!! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats because you will not make it into the play offs icon_wink.gif

efb.jpg

My Predictions !

Norwich- if he dont get automatic promotion he needs shot,with a couple of quality signings and not 404874783 random players this team could go far

Sheff Utd- I think Steff will finish 2nd and get promoted . Also think Steff will have to good cup runs and possibly get to a semi final.

Cardiff- I think Jerome is gonna be an important player for me this season if he gets on form early a mid table finish at most if not Im doomed for relegation.

Crystal Palace- My bet for the title AJ gonna be top scorer in the league as well

Reading- I think Tony will have a good cup run and finish just outside the play offs

Southampton- I think Andy will finish in the top half of the division possible play off win if he gets lucky icon_wink.gif

well thats my guess and trust me they where a guess

robbanner1.jpg

Pre Season Friendlies

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Away Raith Rovers 1-3

Away Billericay 0-3

Away Exeter City 0-3

Away Darlington 1-3

Away Thurrock 0-3</pre>

With pre season out the way and many players coming and going Im finally looking forward to getting the season underway

transfers.png

IN

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> David Unsworth joined on a Free from Sheff Utd

Seb Hoeneb joined from Hertha for 28k

Saliou Lassissi joined on a Free

Emmanuel Ebiede joined from SC Ashdod for 40k

Miladen Dabanovic joined from Drava for 85k

To' joined from Jomo Cosmos for 50k

Ben Wright joined from Start 250k

Mirko Hrgovic joined on a Free

Zizi Roberts joined on a Free

Stuart Tomlinson joined from Crewe for 7k

Mamadoui Diallo joined on a Free</pre>

LOANS IN

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Anthony Grant season long loan from Chelsea

Arturo Lupoli season long loan from Arsenal

Joe Flurry season long loan from Fulham </pre>

PLAYERS OUT

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Jermaine Darlington to Oldham for 50k

Andrea Ferretti to Boston 7k

Willie Boland to Colchester 150k

Guy Ndumbu-Nsungu to Carlisle for 100k

Neal Ardley to Barnsley150k </pre>

STAFF IN

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Marcel Desailly Coach

Albert Ferrer Coach

Stefan Schwarz Coach

George Weah Coach

Wynton Rufer Assistant Manager </pre>

Results so far

championship.gif

642.png Vs625.png

Crystal Palace 3 Cardiff City 2

Many expected a blow out here when Johnson opened the scoring after 7mins Macken added Palaces 2nd on 18mins and they looked to be cruising until an inspired Zizi Roberts double his first on 34mins and his 2nd 10mins later looked like this was heading for a draw until a 88mins struck cruelly by Johnson gave the home side the 3points

Attendance 19366

MOM Andy Johnson 9

Referee Paul Taylor

625.png Vs618.png

Cardiff City 3 Brighton & Hove Albion 0

Unsworth opened the scoring from the spot after 21mins Mulryne made it 2-0 on 59mins then Albion would have Hart sent off in the 60th min and Diallo was able to use the extra space created by the 1 less man to make it 3-0 on 71mins

Attendance 10904

MOM Neil Alexander 8

Referee Steve Dorr

625.png Vs721.png

Cardiff City 0 Stoke City 3

Skoko opened for the visitors after only 8mins and it would stay 1-0 until the 79min when Duberry would break the offside trap Cardiff decided to play at half time Kopteff would make it 3-0 from the spot on 89mins in a poor performance yet again from the home side

Attendance 21982

MOM Michael Duberry 10

Referee Mike Thorpe

667.png Vs625.png

Ipswich Town 2 Cardiff City 1

Yet again another poor performance by Cardiff Westlake made it 1-0 on 27mins and Currie would make it 2-0 from the spot after 55mins Zizi would add a goal late on for Cardiff but wasnt enough Cardiff are finding life in the Championship very hard and look like they may go down if things keep going the way they are

Attendance 26734

MOM Lewis Price 8

Referee Jon Moss

Carling.jpg

1st Round

742.png Vs625.png

Wycombe Wanderers 0 Cardiff City 3

A chance for Cardiff to actually score some goals in this one Diallo opened on 21mins and then a double from To on 32 and 35mins killed off Wycombes Carling Cup for another season and may just help to rescue Cardiffs

Attendance 5024

MOM Mama Diallo 9

Referee Grant Hegley

Stay tuned for more from the bluebirds TWEET TWEET lol

andybanner.jpg

The Saints Sun - Saints looking good in pre season!!!!!

Hepburn is settling into life at St Marys and is enjoying every minute of it. He is relishing the huge challenge that is in front of him. Pre season has been good as Hepburn has decided not to invest hugely in the side as he thinks his group of players can do the business in the Championship next season. So in the transfer market it has been a pretty quiet time but here is who he has brought in:

Steven Naismith ST - £160k From Kilmarnock - A much needed boost in firepower and Hepburn has brought a youngster with huge potential. He has scored bags of goals in the SPL and Hepburn is hoping he can reporduce that form to fire the Saints into the Premiership.

Gary McDonald MC - £140k From Kilmarnock - Hepburn raided Kille again to take their best midfielder away from them. Seen more as a squad player if any injuries occur to his preferred choice of Prutton and Oakley in the middle of the park. Of course he will try to force his way into the team and should do well.

Willie Kinniburgh DC - £110k From Motherwell - Another Scottish youngster to help boost the Saints defence that was so poor last season. He has huge potential and lets hope he reaches that potential in a Saints shirt. The fans are excited at the prospect of seeing this lad in action and so is Hepburn.

Stephen Murray AML - £100k From Kilmarnock - Hepburn has brought him in as cover but compeition for places is what Hepburn is after and if he is given the chance he may well walk into the Saints first eleven if he produces the goods.

So Hepburn has been pretty busy in the transfer market during pre season as he trys to build a squad capable of challenging for the Championship. Hepburn has been working hard on the training pitch to get his team in shape and here is how the pre season friendlies went for the Saints:

Southampton v Harchester - (H) Sat 16th July 2005

Final Score - Southampton 1 v 2 Harchester

Tamworth v Southampton - (A) Tues 19th July 2005

Final Score - tamworth 2 v 1 Southampton

Notts County v Southampton - (A) Sat 23rd July 2005

Final Score - Notts County 1 v 1 Southampton

Burton v Southampton - (A) Tues 26th July 2005

Final Score - Burton 0 v 1 Southampton

Yeovil v Southampton - (A) Fri 29th July 2005

Final Score - Yeovil 0 v 2 Southampton

Doncaster v Southampton - (A) Mon 1st August 2005

Final Score - Doncaster 0 v 2 Southampton

So an indifferent set of results during pre season and lets hope the team pulls together and gets the Saints back to the Premiership at the first time of asking!!!!!!!!

andybanner.jpg

The Saints Sun - Indifferent start for the Saints!!!!

It has been an indifferent start to the season for Hepburn's Saints as they have already lost two games in what has been a tough opening for the new manager. They lie in the top half of the table but a fair bit behind early leaders and promotion favourites Crystal Palace. here is a run down of the opening games in Hepburn's Southampton managerial career............

Championship

Crytal Palace v Southampton - (A) Sat 6th August 2005

A real tough opening game for the Saints but a game where they matched Palace for long periods but in the end a lucky goal sealed a win for Palace. Southampton started much the better team and were ahead in five minutes through youngster Kenwyne Jones who was delighted to grab his first ever goal for the Saints. The lead did not last long as Palace were level through Andy Johnson. It was end to end stuff as both teams had so many attackers on show it was pretty hard not to. Both teams made chances but neither could take them until seven minutes from time when debutant Richie Foran scored the winner to give Rouch's Palace the win. A draw would have been a fair result but if you don't take your chances!!!

Final Score - Crystal Palace 2 v 1 Southampton

Goals - Palace - Johnson (9), Foran (83)

Goals - Southampton - Jones (5)

Att - 22053

MOTM - Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace)

Championship

Plymouth v Southampton - (A) Tues 9th August 2005

Although the result against Palace did not go their way Hepburn was pleased with the performance but this performance was truly shocking. A game the Saints were tipped to coast through turned out to be a real struggle. They could not get going and Plymouth were swarming all over them as they outplayed the Saints. Had it not been for some poor finishing and good goalkepping this could have been an embarrassment. In the end it was only a penalty that seperated the teams but it should have been a lot more.

Final Score - Plymouth 1 v 0 Southampton

Goals - Plymouth - Wotton (pen,69)

Sent Off - Lundekvam (Southampton)

Att - 20907

MOTM - Hansy Aljofree (Plymouth)

Championship

Southampton v Millwall - (H) Sat 13th August 2005

After the opening two defeats Hepburn seriously needed a win in front of a full house at St Marys. At times it was not the best football we have ever seen but in the end the Saints got the three points. At times though they were really good with some superb attacking football and it was another goal from youngster Kenwyne Jones after only ten minutes of the game. They could not find a second goal to make it more convincing and the fans were starting to get a little edgy towards the end but at full time it was Southampton who had the three points in the bag.

Final Score - Southampton 1 v 0 Millwall

Goals - Southampton - Jones (10)

Att - 17987

MOTM - Stephen Murray (Southampton)

Championship

Southampton v Brighton - (H) Sat 20th August 2005

Southampton seemed to grow in confidence from their first win of the season over Millwall as this was a much better performance. They were superb at times and they should have won by four or five goals. Two goals in the last five minutes of the first half were enough to give Southampton the three points. Goals from Kenwyne Jones, his third of the season and Steven Naismith, who got his first goal for the club much to delight of Hepburn were the goal scorers. They created many more great opportunities in the second half but failed to make them count but Hepburn was pleased with his team's win.

Final Score - Southampton 2 v 0 Brighton

Goals - Southampton - Jones (40), Naismith (45)

Att - 17697

MOTM - Stephen Murray

Carling Cup 1st Round

Southampton v Shrewsbury - (H) Wed 24th August 2005

A fantastic performance from the Saints as they brushed aside Shrewsbury and swept into the second round of the cup. The star of the show was Steven Naismith who grabbed four sensational goals and he should have scored more. He was a man bang in confidence and he showed why Hepburn bought this lad. Matthew Oakley got the ball rolling for the Saints, scoring after only two minutes and then Naismith took over and stole the show.

Final Score - Southampton 5 v 0 Shrewsbury

Goals - Southampton - Oakley (2), Naismith (16,27,63,83)

Sent Off - Gavin Cowan (Shrewsbury)

Att - 15025

MOTM - Steven Naismith (Southampton)

Championship

Reading v Southampton - (A) Sat 27th August 2005

A game that Hepburn came away from wondering how his team did not take all three points from. They were all over Tony Hall's Reading for the majority of the game but just could find a way past their keeper until the eighty sixth minute!!!! Hall's Reading started the better of the two sides and a great header from Gunnarsson had them ahead early in the first half. From then on it was the Saints who dominated this game but could not put the ball in the back of the net till Naismith finally put the ball in the net to salage a draw and in what should have been a victory for the Saints.

Final Score - Reading 1 v 1 Southampton

Goals - Reading - Gunnarsson (14)

Goals - Southampton - Naismith (86)

Att - 23884

MOTM - Jim Brennan (Southampton)

So it has been an inconsistent start from the Saints as they cannot string a set of results together. Lets hope this improves in the coming months.

robbanner1.jpg

championship.gif

625.png Vs732.png

Cardiff City 2 Watford 1

Flurry on loan from Fulham opened his account for Cardiff on the half hour and Zizi Roberts made it 2-0 on 47mins,Marlon King would then score from the spot on 48mins but thats how this one would end

Attendance 13195

MOM Riccardo Scimeca 8

Referee Michael Jones

transfers.png

Players In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Lawson from Celtic for 35k

Enzo Scorza from Norwich on 3months loan </pre>

Players Out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Neil Cox left Cardiff to Join Derby Co for 30k

To left to Join Al-Nassr for 120k

Cameron Jerome Joined Gretna for 375k

Kevin Cooper Joined Dunfermline for 50k </pre>

Staff Changes

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Terry Burton has been fired as Assistant Manager his replacement is Frank Lampard Sr </pre>

625.png Vs708.png

Cardiff City 2 Sheff Utd 3

Sheff Utd came to Ninian Park without manager Steff Browning who was away on a scouting mission in europe somewhere,Eric Cantona took charge of the team for this one Kenesei opened on 14mins for the visitors Diallo made it 1-1 on 34mins and Flurry would give Cardiff the lead at ht,Quinn made it 2-2 on 47mins and Kabba scored the winner on 78mins

Attendance 15155

MOM Michael Tonge 8

Referee Tony Bates

robbanner1.jpg

championship.gif

625.png Vs641.png

Cardiff City 0 Crewe Alexandra 1

Cardiff City continue to free fall down the league a Higdon pen on 70mins was enough to earn Crewe 3points in this one

Attendance 9801

MOM Adie Moses 8

Referee Brian Curson

673.png Vs625.png

Leicester City 2 Cardiff City 1

Lawson got the 1st goal in this one after 25mins Hammond and Lundqvist scored 2 very late goals to steal the win for Leicester

Attendance 31656

MOM Glenn Loovens 8

Referee Keith Hill

Carling.jpg

2nd Round

724.png Vs625.png

Swansea City 0 Cardiff City 1

A single goal from Mulryne on 56mins was enough to see Cardiff through to the next round

Attendance 5149

MOM Emmanuel Ebiede 9

Referee Lee Mason

championship.gif

665.png vs625.png

Hull City 1 Cardiff City 4

Ben Wright scored on 25mins to give the visitors the lead Unsworth added a 2nd from the spot after 38mins Delaney was sent off on 38mins for Hull,McPhee would add a goal for Hull City before Scorza 53 and Mulryne 79min would score for Cardiff and give them 3 well deserved points

Attendance 22894

MOM David Unsworth 9

Referee Paul Robinson

625.png Vs713.png

Cardiff City 1 Southampton 3

Andy Hepburn would bring his saints to Ninian park and would leave with the 3points Darren Potter on loan from liverpool scored 2 lovely goals on 44 and 48mins Jones made it 3-0 on 50mins and Hrgovic would score nothing more than a consilation on 84mins

Attendance 10450

MOM Ken Jones 9

Referee Steve Tanner

701.png Vs625.png

QPR 1 Cardiff City 1

Commentators labelled this a bore draw Ebiede would open for Cardiff with only 3mins gone Furlong made it 1-1 on 21mins and thats how it would stay Kus was sent off on 87mins for QPR but Cardiff couldnt get by the 5 man defence and make the extra man count

Attendance 19017

MOM Ian Evatt 8

Referee Tony Bates

Stay tuned for more from the bluebirds TWEET TWEET lol...........

rouchiebanner1.jpg

Pre Season Friendlies

The assistant manager took control of the friendlies pre season and here are the results :-

19th July 2006 – Vs Notts County (Away) 1-1 Draw

County Marksmen – Pipe (71)

Palace Marksmen – Johnson (40)

Att 7714

22nd July 2006 – Vs Hendon (Away) 5-0 Win

Palace Marksmen – Johnson (2) Morrison (4, 27) Hunt (OG 22) Rihilati (32)

Att 2948

26th July 2006 – Vs Dorchester (Away) 4-0 Win

Palace Marksmen – Hall (13) Berg(21) Foran (45) Harris (OG 90)

Att 4923

31st July 2006 – Vs Northampton (Away) 2-0 Win

Palace Marksmen – Foran (1) Berg (45)

Att 7349

3rd August 2006 – Vs Weymouth (Away) 3-0 Win

Palace Marksmen – Johnson (6, 9, 45)

Att 6533

So all in all a good confidence building run of preseason fixtures that will have helped the squad build up some important match fixtures ahead of the opening day clash against promotion favourites Southampton!

Transfers

In came Marcus Berg from IFK Goteborg for a very reasonable £800,000 to bolster the midfield. Richie Foran, a promising striker was snapped up from Motherwell for a measly £100,000 and Michael Gottwald was signed from Legia for £425,000. By far the best signing was the capture of Freddy Guarin from Envigado for a cool million. The down side is that the transaction wont be completed until the end of the season due to his loan contract icon_frown.gif

Ben Watson was sold for a very welcome and tidy sum of 2.5 million and a 30% sell on fee clause to money bags Portsmouth.

With the preseason out the way and some important signings made to bolster the squad, Paul Rouch declared himself and his squad ready for the Championship season, bring it on ……..

Archived