Fastest way to buy a Mac version in the US

Hey all,

I'm just a little confused with all these purchasing options. What is the fastest way to buy FM for Mac in the US?

1) Digital download- I believe this is available this year. After downloading the DVD content, do I have to keep the DVD contents on my Mac in order to play the game? When is this available for the US?

2) Amazon- I believe amazon says it'll be ready on the Nov 18th which I'm holding off since obviously I want to get it earlier.

3) Any retail stores? Will there be any retail stores that will have them on the 14th?

One more thing: What's the difference between WWSM and FM? Why don't I just buy FM if WWSM comes out few days after?

Thanks

I'm trying to do the same thing as you, Atytse. I've never been able to find any American store or website that carries FM, unfortunately, so as far as I know you'll have to settle for WWSM unless you buy FM from a UK website that will ship to you. Some do, but it takes longer obviously.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I think that there is no difference between WWSM with UK english and FM (I had WWSM08 in UK english). So I think I'm going to go with the digital download option. I'd recommend that, I did it last year and it has worked fine. I'll try for FM, but I think they detect our American IPs and will only offer download of WWSM unfortunately, but I'll take it.

I hope it comes out for download on the 14th, I haven't heard confirmation. Good luck.

I'm trying to do the same thing as you, Atytse. I've never been able to find any American store or website that carries FM, unfortunately, so as far as I know you'll have to settle for WWSM unless you buy FM from a UK website that will ship to you. Some do, but it takes longer obviously.

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, I think that there is no difference between WWSM with UK english and FM (I had WWSM08 in UK english). So I think I'm going to go with the digital download option. I'd recommend that, I did it last year and it has worked fine. I'll try for FM, but I think they detect our American IPs and will only offer download of WWSM unfortunately, but I'll take it.

I hope it comes out for download on the 14th, I haven't heard confirmation. Good luck.

don t hold your breath for download on the 14th. at least not in US.

i went with gogamer.com , a us based web store.

don t hold your breath for download on the 14th. at least not in US.

i went with gogamer.com , a us based web store.

Why should digital download be different in the US or UK? (I'm talking mac download, not STEAM)

Isn't it just one big ol' internet? If you can download it in the UK digitally, can't I access the same site and download it too? (albeit with a slower transatlantic connection...)

Also, would I gain anything by pre-ordering from gogamer now as opposed to pre-ordering from them on the 16th, or so?

Why should digital download be different in the US or UK? (I'm talking mac download, not STEAM)

Isn't it just one big ol' internet? If you can download it in the UK digitally, can't I access the same site and download it too? (albeit with a slower transatlantic connection...)

Also, would I gain anything by pre-ordering from gogamer now as opposed to pre-ordering from them on the 16th, or so?

i am not sure if there will be a way to digitally download as in previous years, from sega.com. the only digital download that was annouced so far, is steam.

2 years ago, i downloaded from sega, the day of european release.

I believe that SI have confirmed Mac download version available from their website.

I am looking to buy the direct download myself for Mac and if it is true that just because we live in America we have to wait to until WWSM is released to be able to download one I'd be so dissapointed I may skip this version altogether. If it is the retail price difference I, and I am sure most other US players would not mind paying the UK price in order to have the FM game since I believe WWSM is not compatible with most customizeable third party apps and addons available from the FM community. I really hope some from SI or Sega can give a definite answer on this.

Archived