How can I...?

In an effort to get the FM09 demo playing on my out of date PC I had to delete FM08. However, that plan failed, and I now want to re-install FM08 until I upgrade my PC so I can play FM09. However, despite meeting the minimum specs for FM08 I can't get it back on my PC as Install Anywhere keeps asking me to choose another location in which to extract the installer to no matter what I do! Does anyone know what causes this problem, and if so, how can I sort it? I really want to buy FM09 but I dont want to spend money on upgrading my system if all Im going to get is the same message!

Thanks

I've emptied the recycle bin and deleted the Sports Interactive folders... I've tried to install the game as normal but still no joy! Are there any files or anything, related to installing the game, I could be missing? Apparently I have 4.6GB of hard disk space so I cant see why thats a problem, especially as it has been on the system before.

you are sure you are trying to install via the CD? Just a thought but try exploring the cd and then doubble click the install button from there?

I had a problem with install anywhere like you are having with the FM09 demo but then realised the it did not download properly hense the problem..

Yeah, I've got the CD. I've deleted all the folders I can find, as well as following the instructions I found on how to delete files from the registry. Still no luck! I'll try exploring the CD but Im sure Ive tried this already last week (I got mad so Ive left it for a week)!

Check the registry for any sports interactive references and delete as necessary then restart. You could also try downloading something called crap cleaner which is a free program. This will remove anything thats been left over and should help in re-installing FM (or so i've read on these forums).

Ive found a folder in my Shared Documents called Sports Interactive, in there is another folder called Installer Launcher, there are no files in the folder but when I go to delete it I get an error message saying "Cannot delete installer launcher: cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name." Could this be the problem? If so, how could I delete the file?

This might sound really stupid but how do I re-boot in safe mode?

1. If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
  2. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  3. Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  4. Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
  5. Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  6. When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Hope that helps. :)

That was a help, however it didnt help me get rid of the file!

Does anyone else have the Installer Launcher file in their Shared Documents/Sports Interactive folder? If so, is it anything to do with FM09? If it is, would it help downloading the demo again and trying to delete it?

To be without FM09 on the day of release due to the bugs and my PC specs is a bit of a nightmare in the first place, Ive always bought the game ASAP. However, this is nothing compared to not having any FM at all!!! Really need to solve this problem so I have something to play inbetween deciding what to do with my PC to make it compatible with the new game!

Any suggestions are welcome!

Archived