Tactical/Tactical Knowledge attribute

Apologies if this has cropped up before but can anyone tell me what the difference between the Tactical and Tactical Knowledge attributes are for coaches and managers?

Sounds like the stats should be similar but Walter Smith has a Tactical stat of 19 but only a 9 for Tactical knowledge. Any ideas?

The one under coaching = how many stars for 'tactics' training.

The one under mental = how good they are tactically in a match.

You would think these two would be related but what do I know icon_biggrin.gif. Also the second one is often disputed on here as many notice no difference bewteen managing against a 1 manager and a 20 manager.

In the manuel that comes with the game it says this 'The tactical knowledge possessed by a coach. Their experiences in the game, where they've been and who they've worked with will affect the level of knowledge they have, and when using this knowledge they may have ideas lesser coaches haven't become familiar with, which is an advantage'.

So there it is. Clear as mud. In that case, someone like Guus Hiddink who's managed ona few continents with different players, some world class, other couldn't get in my school team, should have a tactical knowledge on 20.

Guest arrogantio

I suspect that the way in which the Tactical Knowledge attribute works for AI managers is the extent to which they vary their standard tactics to the match scenario. It probably ought to anyway.

Of course, this isn't going to mean that managers with high TK consistently outperform you because they're still working loosely within the framework of preferred tactical setups which might be ill-suited to playing you. Or they might just have crap players.

Archived