MacBook Demo Issue

OK I'm extremely peeved that I cannot get the demo to load up on my MacBook!

Its a 3 week old MacBook, version 10.5.5 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Intel GMA X3100 Integrated Graphics Chip.

Why won't it load up? I click on the icon, and "nothing" happens :mad:

I've tried both Vanilla and Strawberry.

Its a 3 week old MacBook, version 10.5.5 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Intel GMA X3100 Integrated Graphics Chip.

Thats the exact model i have, anyone offer some help- SI please?

same for me, I'm sure things will be fixed with the patch that is being released.

same for me, I'm sure things will be fixed with the patch that is being released.

Maybe.

But can Mac Users really spend £30 on a game that may not work?

There has not been one word of advice for Mac Users on this forum.

It runs without problems on my MacBookPro, so it looks like an issue that is not "general" to all MacBooks.

Could be a problem with the graphic card, as some PC users can't run the demo too.

It runs without problems on my MacBookPro, so it looks like an issue that is not "general" to all MacBooks.

So it works on a MacBookPro but not on a MacBook?

Why not make a game that just works on your average PC/Mac?

I'm not even bothered about the 3D engine, if that what is causing the problems, I just want to play FM09, but I won't be buying a new computer just to play it.

Could be a problem with the graphic card, as some PC users can't run the demo too.

How am I supposed to know about Graphics Cards?

I'm just an average Joe, who buys and plays games, my MacBook is 3 weeks old, surely the Graphics should be brand spanking new??

As I said: Its a 3 week old MacBook, version 10.5.5 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Chip.

If it´s true that it does not run on MacBooks, they will locate and fix the problem. Post your specs into the Mac Thread on the technical forum.

Thanks, I already have, but it seems the Mac Thread is avoided like the plague.

It´s just one day after the demo release and it's the first day in the week. Give them some time to test it inhouse with the specs that causes troubles.

Should it not be tested before release of the demo?

Should it not be tested before release of the patch?

Will you send them your MacBook before the next release?

Of course it should be tested on as much configurations as possible. But there are thousends of different users, specs and configs.

Should it not be tested before release of the demo?

They did un-suprisingly. But having even a very large testing team is nothing in comparison to around a hundred thousand users all testing the game on totally different pc's. :)

Will you send them your MacBook before the next release?

Of course it should be tested on as much configurations as possible. But there are thousends of different users, specs and configs.

They did un-suprisingly. But having even a very large testing team is nothing in comparison to around a hundred thousand users all testing the game on totally different pc's. :)

Very true, but for it to work on a MacBookPro but not a MacBook, seems a little strange?

FM08 worked perfectly last year (Demo and Game) on my old MacBook. If its not broke, don't fix it...

I have the same macbook with a X3100 and the game starts fine and everything works fine except for 3d matches.

Only difference is I have 4gb ram, but that shouldn't make a difference.

OK, when you downloaded it, what did you use to unzip the file?

I used ZIPEG, but when I clink on 'Setup FM2009 Demo' nothing happens....

I have the same macbook with a X3100 and the game starts fine and everything works fine except for 3d matches.

Only difference is I have 4gb ram, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Where did you download it from?

I'm really peeved as it seems hit and miss weather it works, I just want to test the god damn game SI!! It won't even OPEN!! GRR!

How do you get it working, we seem to have the same problem

I had to re download the game.

If I un-zip the download using the default MacBook disk Utility, then its fine, if you use any other un-zipping application, then I found the download would not un-zip correctly.

If I un-zip the download using the default MacBook disk Utility, then its fine, if you use any other un-zipping application, then I found the download would not un-zip correctly.

Glad you got it working stevemc.

I'll put your advice in the known issues thread.

Sorry about the right clicking issue, that is being looked at for release.

Glad you got it working stevemc.

I'll put your advice in the known issues thread.

Sorry about the right clicking issue, that is being looked at for release.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear :D

If you can fix the right click issue, I will buy the game for sure :thup:

Let me know if you fix it....

I have the very same computer. the demo works for me but mine's tempermental but try moving the application around. it worked better when i dragged it to my desktop. don't know why.

I have the very same computer. the demo works for me but mine's tempermental but try moving the application around. it worked better when i dragged it to my desktop. don't know why.

Funny that, as I moved it to my desktop too, and it works more reliable now.

Hi Again.

Just a question on this.

You say you used the standard un-zipping application is this called "Archive Utility"

Did you run this using right click on the archiver and "open with"?

Cheers.

Hi Again.

Just a question on this.

You say you used the standard un-zipping application is this called "Archive Utility"

Did you run this using right click on the archiver and "open with"?

Cheers.

I did indeed. :thup:

Its called "DISK UTILITY".

SO, right click on the ZIP file, click OPEN WITH > DISK UTILITY

Many thanks for the info.

Hope you're enjoying the demo.

Yes thanks, I think the game is excellent, we just just to iron out a few of the minor problems, and it will be a great year for Football Manager :)

Stuffit does also work with the demo

It doesn't work for me...

Is anyone else's macbook running VERY HOT when using this? At points so hot that the game froze up 'till the internal fan and me fanning cooled it down.

It runs very hot for me as well, but I have SMCFanController and whack the fan speed right up.

Game works absolutely fine on my MacBook and its the same 2.4Ghz 2GB DDR2 RAM as everyone else. Just cannot view the 3D match in anything better than Low graphics. Doesn't bother me in the slightest though.

And Stuffit Expander worked with no problems for me

It runs very hot for me as well, but I have SMCFanController and whack the fan speed right up.

Game works absolutely fine on my MacBook and its the same 2.4Ghz 2GB DDR2 RAM as everyone else. Just cannot view the 3D match in anything better than Low graphics. Doesn't bother me in the slightest though.

And Stuffit Expander worked with no problems for me

What's the SMCFanController??

Archived