2009 Demo - Only quick start?

So in the demo you can only play with one league active? Only way I see to start is a game is loading one of the quick starting games which has just that one leauge active. Why can't you just start a normal type game and have multiple leagues active? Am I missing something here?

It would be nice to have full functionality for 6 months - as it is, I have zero interest in continuing any demo game because I want a medium database at least, I want to edit the database, I want to select half a dozen leagues. But yeah, someone would find a way to open it up, it's happened to other games who took this model. The original GTA I believe suffered this fate.

Another demo tweak for FM10, could be done with or without the above change. Instead of 6 months, make it, say, 8. That way, people get another transfer window and the League Cup (or national equivalent) in order to get them emotionally invested in their game and to let them experience the joy of winning even the League Cup without giving them the chance to really get their jollies - Champions League quarters or semi, FA Cup quarters and of course the EPL run-in for English players.

Of course this is in no way self serving and any benefits to certain customers like me are purely incidental. (In reality, it's not like we're going to think "ooh another 2 months, I don't think the full game is worth paying for!")

85% done. Come on Steam baby, you can do it. Push! PUSH!

Archived