would a expansion pack be good idea or bad idea?

I was thinking the other day would a FM09 expansion pack be a good idea, i.e. for this year for example they could add something like stadiums around the pitch more media questions that sort of thing, there are obviously pro’s and con’s for such a thing.

I was wondering a couple of things, do you think SI would ever release an expansion pack (personally I don’t think they would), and would the FM community think of it as a good thing, or a commercial rip-off as we get a new version every year anyway?

Anyway I’d like to read your thoughts on the topic!!

Pretty much what Fredric Drum said. :)

In between each annual edition of the FM series, there are patches as well as fan-made data updates that we can use to inject some freshness to our games. In my opinion, these will be sufficient to cover the span of a year till the next edition from SI. Having more would seem excessive to me.

Expansion packs are for games, which are shipping a new full game in more than 2 years time. For such titles expansion pack make sense in multi ways; developer makes some more money in between to further support next development and players can receive some serious changes on the game eventually even the best games become boring after a year. But for FM I dont think it is crucial because we basically get a new version each year.

If there was something that would be extra that the original game didn't need but would be useful and more options then yeah sure, but since the game SHOULD already have everything in it at the start (total footballing experience and whatnot), having an expansion would be a bit like them holding stuff back just to make more money.

Archived