Something Must Be Done!!

I draw everyones attention and in particular the SI team to this website - http://football-updates.com/index.htm

I have Pmd staff members here at SI Games, and I have also contacted them directly on the SI website. Frankly I am disappointed that nothing has been done about this. Not only is the guy an ass by stealing everyone elses work and claiming it as his own, but by SELLING graphical images of club logos and faces, he is breaking many many copyright laws. He also sells these discs on Ebay and I have reported him there also and nothing has been done about it either. Does no-one care anymore?

Something MUST be done about this guy and his website, it must be torn down from the interweb. I now urge you again SI Games, please get onto the case of this.

SDK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have contact ebay and so far have been told that si and sega could join or report anything on ebay, for instance people are selling the patch for fm09, using the Vero program ebay have. The sellers are now selling websites graphics works as well as sports interactives patches now on ebay. Ebay do nothing as i myself have reported many many members who are still these doing the same thing. These guys are making money from si's and other work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still up and running, c'mon, someone shut this guy down!

That said, for folks like me in places without broadband I hope there is a place for DVD versions containing mods if they are properly attributed and are sold to cover costs only. I don't think this is the case here, though.

Still up and running, c'mon, someone shut this guy down!

That said, for folks like me in places without broadband I hope there is a place for DVD versions containing mods if they are properly attributed and are sold to cover costs only. I don't think this is the case here, though.

It's so wrong. But I guess he gets away with it by putting this on the site:

"THIS IS A NON-PROFIT MAKING SERVICE. YOUR FEE FOR THIS ITEM CONTRIBUTES TOWARD WEBSITE FEES, DISCS, LABELS, INK, POSTAGE STAMPS, PAYPAL & EBAY FEES AND MUCH MORE !"

I tried unsuccessfully to contact ebay and ask them to stop this guy and they told me it was up to Si to contact ebay as he is selling the patch which is free to all in his updates as well. On the graphics side of thing, dont think there's anything we can do. Pity though because it's stuff like this that makes good graphics makers to stop.

• 3 weeks later...

I have contacted both his website's Host Provider, and eBay again about the issue, after I found his FM09 Update Shop involved some items created by members of FMD.

They both replied saying the company, SI or Sega must contact them before the site/eBay account is dealt with, although both the hosts and eBay agreed he is doing something wrong.

I am going to do everything I can to find out his IP number, too. That way i can report him directly to his ISP.

I am for one disgraced about this and have sent a PM to several SI staff.

To be honest if any one is stupid enough to be buying their graphics from this guy when it is very simple to find them available to download for free they deserve to be loosing their money.

SI obviously dont see this as a problem as they would have done something by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived