I'm getting desperate...please help!!

Hi All,

My apologies for starting a new thread just to satisfy my own desperate needs.....

I need expert opinion on wether my laptop is going to be able to cope with FM09 3D match engine, because if I buy it and it doesn't work I'm liable to have a meltdown.

My laptop...

Toshiba Satellite Pro A100-198

Core Duo Processor T2300

60GB Hard drive

512 MD DDR2 RAM

DVD Super multi drive

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (128MB + up to 128MB)

Expansion

2 x memory slots (1 to configure)

PC Card slot for 1xType II card (ExpressCard slot)

I have no idea what all this means, it's sole purpose in life is to play Football manager !!

Now would be a good time to get any bad news about not being able to play FM09 before I get too excited about all the new features:(

Miles - Any chance of a competition to win a new computer:D?????

Thanks

Chris

My current laptop is just a basic Dell Inspiron 1525 with no add-ons.

1Gb RAM, dual-core 1.87GHz processor, 80Gb HDD.

It flies through FM08, plays GTA San Andreas perfectly (full 3D) and I have no doubts whatsoever it'll handle FM09.

You should have no problem either.

I wish Miles would put a sticky on the GQ about minimum system requirements for FM09 to stop people starting these threads.

Everybody is panicking! :D

Hi All,

My apologies for starting a new thread just to satisfy my own desperate needs.....

I need expert opinion on wether my laptop is going to be able to cope with FM09 3D match engine, because if I buy it and it doesn't work I'm liable to have a meltdown.

My laptop...

Toshiba Satellite Pro A100-198

Core Duo Processor T2300

60GB Hard drive

512 MD DDR2 RAM

DVD Super multi drive

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (128MB + up to 128MB)

Expansion

2 x memory slots (1 to configure)

PC Card slot for 1xType II card (ExpressCard slot)

I have no idea what all this means, it's sole purpose in life is to play Football manager !!

Now would be a good time to get any bad news about not being able to play FM09 before I get too excited about all the new features:(

Miles - Any chance of a competition to win a new computer:D?????

Thanks

Chris

It should certainly run on there but the RAM's a bit small by today's standards. Even SI won't know specs until the games finalised, but I'd guess you're OK for a game like this :)

(Just my opinion though!)

aye if he has a huge wad of cash lying about. Think upgrading his memory makes more sense and saving a load of cash in the process :D

Sure! I was just joking :) I've just ordered the new MacBook Pro 15". It will cost around 2300 pounds, 23.000 danish kroner, so im ruined now :)

But back to the subject: Fire extra RAM in there and you'll be laughing! 2x2gb ram will last for some time, i'd go for that! It's not to expensive either!

Louie, Denmark

aye if he has a huge wad of cash lying about. Think upgrading his memory makes more sense and saving a load of cash in the process :D

No chance of buying a new laptop......just purchased 2Gb of RAM, fingers crossed that covers it !!!

Obviously if my Euromillions numbers come up this week I may reconsider...

Cheers.

Its not really the end of the world if you cant get the game in 3D is it? If your computer cant handle the 3D then the game will automatically default to 2D so you will at least be able to play the game and see all the new features except 3D obviously.

Archived