BBC.co.uk

I love football,and whatever and whenever i want to know about the current happennings in the football world,i check the Beeb website.Get everything i need

Now,in FM,there is league news,which to be honest is s*it and boring.Why not replace league news,with one website sort of thing.It would include player stats,upcoming players,league tables and stats,and of course,current news

What do you guys think

Are you talking abuot a screen that actually looks like the back pages of a newspaper or the home page of a website? If so, I think that you might get the normaly wave of negativity for it just being a gimmick and adding no real value to the game.

I wouldnt be against it, but i wish you luck for when the hardcore fans wake up.

The thing that annoys me about the news is the sheer amount that I miss. Clubs sack and hire managers and I hear nothing about it. A one-stop shop for all your information might be quite a good idea. Although the most important thing for me would be for things like changes of manager (at least in the same division as I manage in) not to go under the radar so easily.

I would prefer a news filter, so we can choose what we receive etc. As Mike says, a lot of people are peeved about the lack of information re: jobs so they could highlight vacancies/sackings as an area they always want reported in their news items, whereas people who play an entire save at one club and aren't itnerested in sackings can opt out of receiving info about them.

I would prefer a news filter, so we can choose what we receive etc. As Mike says, a lot of people are peeved about the lack of information re: jobs so they could highlight vacancies/sackings as an area they always want reported in their news items, whereas people who play an entire save at one club and aren't itnerested in sackings can opt out of receiving info about them.

With the filter thing, you are basically saying that you would go back to how it was before in previous versions, i.e. all the news in one 'in-tray' and then the show/hide filter option on the side???

With the filter thing, you are basically saying that you would go back to how it was before in previous versions, i.e. all the news in one 'in-tray' and then the show/hide filter option on the side???

To be fair, I don't think he necessarily talks about how he'd want it presented. He's just tossing the idea of a filter out there and acknowledging the need for something that stops significant news from going under the radar, just like the OP was. The filter would be a way for us to control what news we get. As far as whether or not we go back to a carbon copy of what it used to be like, Mr. Nomis didn't seem to say.

Indeed Mike, tbh I couldn't care less what way it was presented as long as it was in keeping with the rest of the game. So it could be a website, it could be a newspaper it could be a toilet cubicle wall, but as long as it didn't look out of place I don't really give a hoot.

I think a home webpage would be a good idea, if it could be setout like the BBC, all that gets on the main page on the bbc site is..

Managerial changes ( Prem > L2 Major european clubs)

Major team news (If a big player is missing a big game)

Major club news (fueds between managers, managers and players etc)

International news

That would suit me, obviously it would make it realistic, you don't hear about the everyday League 1 news with out looking for it, which you would have to by clicking on that league, wouldn't need to be fancy, just use the current setup (for the news page, not your inbox, that should be personal) but filter the news that goes in there to be maybe what i have mentioned, rather than just a specific leagues news.

To be fair, I don't think he necessarily talks about how he'd want it presented. He's just tossing the idea of a filter out there and acknowledging the need for something that stops significant news from going under the radar, just like the OP was. The filter would be a way for us to control what news we get. As far as whether or not we go back to a carbon copy of what it used to be like, Mr. Nomis didn't seem to say.

Hence the question marks at the end of my comment. I was asking Nomis if he would like it to be set out like past versions, or not. He has responded and it is now clear what his position is.

I am happy with that, but your response to my post seems to be a bit of a rant for no reason imo.

That would suit me, obviously it would make it realistic, you don't hear about the everyday League 1 news with out looking for it,

Surely that's the problem though, the game currently decides for itself what information is relevant and what isn't so we want that to change, League 1 vacancies would certainly be of interest to LLM's and IRL imminent vacancies would be common knowlede amongst other League 1 managers.

Hence the question marks at the end of my comment. I was asking Nomis if he would like it to be set out like past versions, or not. He has responded and it is now clear what his position is.

I am happy with that, but your response to my post seems to be a bit of a rant for no reason imo.

It certainly was not a rant. I'm not sure what gave you the impression it was and I apologise if that's how it came across. I just... read what you said and gave a response. That's all I can tell you.

Not everyone above 1000 posts is just out to rant at everything, ya' know. ;)

I don't think Mike was ranting, he was only saying. No big deal lets not kiss, but lets make up and not hijack the thread. And i'm not implying that you were hijacking the thread just saying best to avoid these types of conversations.

It certainly was not a rant. I'm not sure what gave you the impression it was and I apologise if that's how it came across. I just... read what you said and gave a response. That's all I can tell you.

Not everyone above 1000 posts is just out to rant at everything, ya' know. ;)

No offence taken Mike7077, maybe rant was the wrong word.

I am all in favour of tweaking the media side of things and any format that allows you to filter gets the big thumbs up from me.

I don't think Mike was ranting, he was only saying. No big deal lets not kiss, but lets make up and not hijack the thread. And i'm not implying that you were hijacking the thread just saying best to avoid these types of conversations.

Not wishing to hijack, but that was not your finest post ever! Hurt my brain! :D

Surely that's the problem though, the game currently decides for itself what information is relevant and what isn't so we want that to change, League 1 vacancies would certainly be of interest to LLM's and IRL imminent vacancies would be common knowlede amongst other League 1 managers.

Sorry I was talking about just a main news page to make feel you a are in a full world of football, rather than just your leage, a filter for the inbox would suit those who wanted to know about specific item.

Sorry I was talking about just a main news page to make feel you a are in a full world of football,

Spot on. I'd even like to see a bit more info about results from leagues loaded, I currently run Portugal, Germany, France, Itlay, Spain, Holland and England, but have to go searching to find out about league winners etc, I think we should get more info about "shock" results and unbeaten runs etc.

What i meant was,to have a new section,which would be presented like a web site,giving all the news and stats of all the loaded leagues in tabular form

Personally, I want the same information as you do. It's just that I'm less fussed on how SI choose to present it. If they went for a website view, I'd be okay with that, although, as a manager, it'd feel more realistic to have some kind of news 'in-tray'. However, that in-tray would have to be a lot better at picking out important news than it is currently.

I like the idea of the news presented in a website format - I'm sure managers will often check the BBC website, or teletext or whatever, so yes.

Sorry if this takes the thread slightly off topic, but surely another way that managers have of getting information about the thgings happening in the world of football is simply chatting with the staff at the club. No doubt When SirAlex walks in to the training ground on a morning people will say stuff like 'well, I see Keegan's been fired, Newcastle seem to be in a hell of a mess up there', or 'can you believe Hull's position in the table at the moment?'. And I guess the topics of conversation would include big events in football generally as well as whatever is happening in your own league.

I'm not sure how it would be presented and 'Gossip with your AssMan' does sound a bit gimmicky, but surely this is pretty much what happens at every club in the world?

There pretty much is all the information in the game that you would get on the BBC website - just that some of it is hard to get to.

I too would like to be able to set the type of news that I receive - I think that would be most useful. It might also be nice to be able to have a weekly roundup sent to your inbox with links to news stories that you want to receive, just in case you miss something.

I think that the idea of a "Website" interface is an interesting one...I'm not entirely sure whether I would spend time looking at it whilst I'm playing the game, but I can see where you are coming from...if it could be achieved within the game then I would try it certainly.

Archived