Quick stadium expansion question

I'm in 2025 with Leeds with a 64000 capacity allseater that we're filling for every home game. For the last few years I've had the council blocking planning permission for an expansion every year, which is pretty annoying seeing as we could clearly fill a much bigger stadium. If this were IRL we doubtless would have built a new stadium long ago as we have been selling out every home game for a decade and have a vast pile of money we do not need.

So, at the end of the most recent season, I bite the bullet and decide to save just before the season rolls over, and keep reloading until I get an expansion or a new stadium. Thing is, I've reloaded around thirty times now and I keep on and on getting the message that the council are blocking permission. In FM07 this save and reload trick generally worked after a few tries; has FM08 been modified such that you cannot keep reloading and eventually get an expansion or new stadium? Can anybody confirm whether or not this trick no longer works?

It depends on your bank balance as well as attendances. I got Grimsby into the Prem with a ground at 10k. They made a few small increases over a few seasons, but once the bank balance sky-rocketed thanks to a low wage bill and a Cup win I've just been granted a new ground.

It depends on your bank balance as well as attendances. I got Grimsby into the Prem with a ground at 10k. They made a few small increases over a few seasons, but once the bank balance sky-rocketed thanks to a low wage bill and a Cup win I've just been granted a new ground.

I have about £400m in the bank, so I'm pretty sure I've got that angle covered (still a bit too easy in FM08 for EPL clubs in the CL to generate huge amounts of money).

I wonder if there's some hidden flag or something whereby certain clubs can't build a new ground? I reloaded at least 50 times (given up now) and didn't once get even a tiny (like 1000) seat increase, let alone a new stadium. :(

Saving and reloading can work and your bank balance is not all that relevant. I didn't save and load deliberately, my game crashed so I had to replay the season changeover at Werder Bremen. First time we had planning permission blocked on stadium expansion, next time the board decided to build a new stadium for £192 million, selling the old one for £40 million and taking out a £152 million loan since we only had ~£10 million in the bank at the time.

Unlike most people I was gutted at getting a new stadium because I didn't want one! If we couldn't expand the old one then I'd rather make do with it than bankrupt the club building a new one just 12k seats bigger!

In one of my old games, I played Chelsea as I mostly do and after a few succesful seasons asked for a stadium expansions which was granted on two occasions (about 10,000 each time.) Then a few seasons later and being a very rich club, the board purchased the New Wembley 90,000 seater. Has anyone else had this happen?

Like you, I've been doing a career game but with Spurs, not Leeds I currently have a 74,000 all seater stadium. My board always accept that the stadium needs expanding but the council block the expansion 2 out of every 3 years. It's like; Expand by 3,000 seats, Council Block, Council Block, Expand, Council Block, Council Block, Expand, Council Block, Council Block. The pattern is always the same, so just hang in there!

Sometimes getting a new stadium isnt all its cracked up to be, and like glamdring with Bremen only getting a 12k seat rise costing him £152m i can relate. i was once Bristol Rovers, on an older version but i'd got to the premiership, and expanded my stadium to 18k, the next season my board decided to build a new 15k seater, cost me money (not sure how much but much more than a simple expansion) and i lost 3k seats

Archived