Squad Sizes and Ageing Players

Have you noticed in all football manager games the squad sizes of all teams seem to be really small. this is unrealistic as rich clubs and most premier league have at least 26-32 players in their first team squad. many players who are used as backups seem to be rotting in reserves and not allowed to be sold eg etherington(west ham),makelele(chelsea),shawky(boro) amongst many others. i hope this is fixed in fm 09 as it is realistic that due to financial cash bieng injected it is unrealistic that squads are barely 25 players.

another problem is that older players who are regulars or first teamers(mostly allways on subs) seem to be transfer listed and left in the reserves. notable names include giggs(man u),yorke(sunderland),lehmann(arsenal),wier(rangers),makelele(chelsea)a **** many others. i hope this problem is also solved in fm 09.

The only position I really over-fill is my Strikers to keep them on their toes, I done this with Spurs, 3 seasons in and I had Bent, Crouch, Doyle and Benzema and within 15 games between them they had scored 35 goals! All of them fighting for 2 places and it worked out in my favour as it normally does. If 1 of them doesn't score he doesn't start the next game, simple as that! Doyle soon learnt that and scored 7 in 2 games :D

The only position I really over-fill is my Strikers to keep them on their toes, I done this with Spurs, 3 seasons in and I had Bent, Crouch, Doyle and Benzema and within 15 games between them they had scored 35 goals! All of them fighting for 2 places and it worked out in my favour as it normally does. If 1 of them doesn't score he doesn't start the next game, simple as that! Doyle soon learnt that and scored 7 in 2 games :D

In my Rangers game i have a barrel load of players for all positions. However its usually a rotation job for who plays upfront with Roman Pavlyuchenko. He scores loads on his own. Usually on average 25 goals in 15 games.

shobs, you know Makelele signed for PSG, don't you?

Also, you say players "rot in the reserves". Why don't you check the reserve squads?

yes i know makelele signed but was talking about the team he playing for in fm08(thats why i wrote lehmann as a arsenal player)

and for players rot in the reserves i was referring to other teams not managed by real players

Archived