Idea about internet page on FM

I play a game called TEW which is a wrestling game where you book the matches and run the promotion. On this game the user has an inbox which has all news items regarding their promotion but it also has an internet page that has storys about the wrestlers around the world and about the other promotions.

I think it would be cool if FM had an internet page as I am sure alot of managers IRL look on the net. This could show you at a quick glance who won the different league you had loaded, who finished top scorer in these leagues, items about players being on great form. There is alot of information that could be displayed random things like who the best striker in the world based on a goals per game ratio end of season round ups of the other leagues. IRL life Ronaldo was on a brilliant run of form for Man Utd on FM you do not hear about players being on a good run. Stories like Sergio Aguero has scored for 6 games in a row surely surely this will lead to a move to a bigger club. I just think it would be good I am sure alot of people will disagree as it is quite cosmetic although would serve a good purpose for seeing which players are doing well and what teams are flying etc.

What do you think good idea or just silly? I suppose anyone who plays TEW2008 will know what I mean a bit better. I just feel the news we get at the moment is very limited and alot of things can be missed, I know you can see which players are playing well by typing their name in and looking for them but there are certain players I do not look for or players I have never heard of. Things like Victor Moses sets youth league on fire as a story would be great.

Sorry for going on and on I will stop now lol.

I'm not sure, I think it would get tedious. I say that because there would have to be a huge variety on the stories. I think SI need to do more to show you information from around the world, so that you get a sense of being in a real footballing world. The way it is now, it just seems like your league is the only which exists. The internet page may help that but tbh, I don't think I'd bother after a while.

The news page doesnt tell you that much really but no one else has replied so seems it maybe a bad idea lol.

If you mean should they expand on the already existing media options in FM? Yes I totally agree.

One major problem I have with it is even when your playing with tons of leagues on, if your playing as a lower league team you only get updates from other countries about the top clubs in that country.

If I'm playing as say Watford, I don't care whatsoever what Real Madrid is up to, I care more about players from the likes of Cordoba etc.

So I think media stories should be related to either league or reputation equivalent clubs, maybe with an option to select which stories you want for those that want all clubs with around their reputation and lower, or higher, or every possible media story.

If you mean should they expand on the already existing media options in FM? Yes I totally agree.

One major problem I have with it is even when your playing with tons of leagues on, if your playing as a lower league team you only get updates from other countries about the top clubs in that country.

If I'm playing as say Watford, I don't care whatsoever what Real Madrid is up to, I care more about players from the likes of Cordoba etc.

So I think media stories should be related to either league or reputation equivalent clubs, maybe with an option to select which stories you want for those that want all clubs with around their reputation and lower, or higher, or every possible media story.

How about a club internet page? (obviously it would be your club) You could gather reactions from message boards and have your current players giving interviews etc

How about a club internet page? (obviously it would be your club) You could gather reactions from message boards and have your current players giving interviews etc

I'd like that option a lot, long as they don't use forum members from here as templates for the FM forum users...I have enough upset players as is.

I said this the other say in another thread.

The game should have a internet style screen where it covers all the playable leagues in the game as well as International. Much like Out of the Park Baseball has one. Although it could be made look a lot better than OOTP's version (with graphics that could be edited). It would then allow you to check anything you want through your gaming world.

were can i get hold of this wrestling game from. sounds good. wudnt mind trying it

www.greydogsoftware.com

The game comes with a fake world so you have to download a real world database to play as WWE etc its pretty good but takes a bit of getting into.

I said this the other say in another thread.

The game should have a internet style screen where it covers all the playable leagues in the game as well as International. Much like Out of the Park Baseball has one. Although it could be made look a lot better than OOTP's version (with graphics that could be edited). It would then allow you to check anything you want through your gaming world.

This is what I mean I think the current media needs expanding and having it all in one screen would be wicked. I like cosmetic features that make the game seem more like a real world, keeping in touch with things happening in the football world is what makes the game more immersive.

Archived