Club doesn't own stadium - How can I expand?

Ginger

I am currently managing Solihull Moors and am in my 4th season. Currently doing ok, sat in the top five in league 2.

My issue is that once I got to my third season and the bank was doing ok, I asked the board to expand the stadium - their reply was that because the club doesn't own the stadium it can't expand.

My current bank balance is sitting at £1.65m and whilst I thought I could possibly expand with my current finances, I know that a new stadium will need a hell of a lot more cash.

I am still running at a profit of about £40k per month, but the stadium capacity is only 3,000.

Any advice?

Yeah, I think "build a new stadium" is your route, and its definitely going to take a better financial situation.

This is a situation where I wish that our boards were more willing to be aggressive about taking out loans - much like a person buying a house, most clubs in the U.S. take on a lot of debt if building a stadium and I'm sure its much the same in Europe.

Then you have a real challenge on your hands: a large debt to pay off whilst still trying to buy players.

I just want to keep taking the club forward - getting to this stage has taken very careful planning and financial management. I'd like to get the club as far as I can, but don't want all my hard work to be in vain if I can never get more than 3000 fans to my games!

When I play LLM, I do tend to try and make sure my team owns the stadium so that we can expand more easily. You may want to ask in the dafuge's challenge thread or the LLM forum before investing too much more time - I think the board will build you a new stadium eventually, but I've not had it happen to me personally.

I just want to keep taking the club forward - getting to this stage has taken very careful planning and financial management. I'd like to get the club as far as I can, but don't want all my hard work to be in vain if I can never get more than 3000 fans to my games!

Not 100% sure but I think that the Premiership has very specific rules regarding minimum stadium capacity so If you keep being sucessful and get promoted to this division then your board will have no choice and your stadium will have to be expanded to the minimum requirement or they'll have to have a new one built so I would suggest just hanging in there and trying to be as big a sucess as possible.

Archived