How are stadium values calculated?

Lucho

After 7 seasons, the board finally told me my team was getting a new stadium. We had a 12.000 seater, and now they would build a 15.000 seater.

What caught my attention was that the cost of building the larger stadium would be US$ 3 million, and the old stadium would be sold for US$ 10 million. So the club, just by moving to a larger stadium is making a US$ 7 million profit. Looks like we should stay in the real estate business.

I can imagine how this could happen in real life, maybe through different terrain values. But I'm not sure that factor exists in the world of FM.

So, I'm wondering, how are stadium values calculated in FM?

I don't mean for SI to reveal any important secrets. I don't expect the answer to be something like:

stad_value=randint()*(stad_seats*repairlevel)

I just would like to know, in general, what kinds of factors are considered into calculating the value of a stadium.

That seems very strange! My Bremen board spent £192 million on a new ~54,000 seater stadium to replace the ~42,500 seater Weserstadion which they sold for just £40 million!

Since I've stopped playing that game for now I'll probably never play through the 2 seasons until we arrive at the new stadium, but I'd be gutted to leave my Weserstadion anyway, especially since the piddling extra capacity is hardly worth plunging the club into almost certain financial meltdown during those 2 years :(

Archived