Suggestion: Less foreign player

Hi, I usually pick teams from italian serie A and I noticed that after a couple of years all the players of the other teams are from foreign countries. Italian teams buy only player from other countries and ignore at all the lowers divisions. It was more real if the teams buy principally players from lowers division like serie B or Serie C, to do that I suggest to add a stat to all teams that represent the tendency to buy foreign players or national players. For example in italy there are teams who play with all foreign players (inter) and teams who have only 2 or 3.

i noticed that with irish teams as well, im in season 2012/13 and saw that st. pats where in the champions league Qu 3rd round, they had 12 english players in the first team and even 5 english players in the U-19 squad. and looking at the rest of the league Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers and Drogheda Utd all had the same look 50% english, 40% irish and 10% other..........

I think this will be helped by a better newgen system as was said. At the moment, the newgen situation means that it's nigh-on impossible to get top players, even decent Serie A ones, from Serie B. For example, if you have a youth facilities score of 12 (on FMM), the best youngsters you'll get will have a PA of 150 or thereabouts - and if they reach their potential, which is rare in this game, then they still won't be top-class.

I think this will be helped by a better newgen system as was said. At the moment, the newgen situation means that it's nigh-on impossible to get top players, even decent Serie A ones, from Serie B. For example, if you have a youth facilities score of 12 (on FMM), the best youngsters you'll get will have a PA of 150 or thereabouts - and if they reach their potential, which is rare in this game, then they still won't be top-class.

Exactly, Ive never seen a international class player come from the lower leagues or from my academy for that matter, they always come from Real, Milan etc so the only option is to look at the youth teams of the top 10 clubs in the world and get players from there.

Hopefully this has been changed with the new transfer system. I agree with you all that it's a problem in the game and has been so for several years. I do also agree that it would be good if some good newgens did come from the lower leagues, just like real life.

Part of the problem in Italy is that Serie B players just aren't good enough (in FM) mostly. I have been trying to build a mostly Italian squad at Fiorentina, but I've yet to find more than perhaps 1 player from Serie B that I would happily sign.

True. Italian Serie B is a really good competition in reality, with many good players ready for Serie A. Should be great if in FM09 the difference between players from Serie A and Serie B and in consequence between Serie B and Serie C will be reduced. However I think that should be add a value that represent the preference of national player for each team.

Now I'm playing with Monza in italian Serie C and another unreal thing is that if I ask for a feeder club they give me teams from spanish and portuguese lowers division. This is very unreal beacause a team from italian Serie B or C1 must have only teams from serie C2 or serie D as feeders clubs,In my opinion only very important Serie A teams can have foreign feeders clubs but must be possible to choose where I want the feeder club, this option was implemented in FM09 but if I choose national feeder club they answer to me that was impossible to find one.

I guess this is a problem for roughly every league in the game except England and therefore not so prioritized.

Another thing, mostly for smaller leagues are players that has been out in the bigger leagues and then return home when they're 30+. Take Henrik Larsson for example. He was in Celtic and Barcelona and then from Barcelona moved home to his Swedish favourite team instead of continue in a middle/bottom team in one of the bigger leagues until the end. He would have earned much more money by staying in Spain, and i think that's the problem in FM. When foreign players are 30-32+ and don't really has a regular place in the starting eleven they shouldn't care for money or reputation if a team from their home country comes and ask, especially if it's one of the teams he has as favourite. At that age and in that condition his preferred options should be (in order) 1. favourite clubs 2. Home country 3. Wage and reputation. Of course there's some attributes that must be considered. A player with high ambition and low loyalty shouldn't move home at older ages. I don't think Zlatan Ibrahimovic will return and play in Sweden when he's older. Fredrik Ljungberg & Olof Mellberg has said they won't.

Player with low adaptability should also move home at even younger ages than 30 if they aren't regulars in their teams. And of course, as long as a player is in the starting eleven for almost every game he won't consider moving home.

A more international example may be Carlos Tevez. He has said he wants to play for Boca again when he's done in Europe.

I guess it’s working similar inside a country too. Players in the highest division that lose their place when they’re older may want to move to their favourite in the lower divisions. Paul Scholes for example wants to end his career with a season in Oldham. But that should be more rare and extreme. Players from smaller countries that move home to the highest division in their countries happen all the time, most team in Swedish Allsvenskan has at least one of those, sometimes several. Not so usual though with players moving down in the system inside a country but it happens.

Archived