Cut Out Facepacks - Ter, How do SI make them?

bwfc0907

Ter

How do SI make there facepacks. You have thousands in the game, are they all produced individually or is a specific programme used that can mass produce them?

There are some great tutorials out there, but I find it very difficult to create them. Any tips, or could you create a tutorial?

David

• SI Staff

I wish there was something that could mass produce them.

Depending on the pictures, some have to be done individually and some can be done using a script to remove the background. It really depends on the images you have to work with.

If it's just grass in the background you can get rid of it using the magic wand tool most of the time. Other useful tools are the Quick Selection and Pen tool.

Depending on the pictures, some have to be done individually and some can be done using a script to remove the background. It really depends on the images you have to work with.

If it's just grass in the background you can get rid of it using the magic wand tool most of the time. Other useful tools are the Quick Selection and Pen tool.

To follow up on this....

Do SI have to get permission of the producers of each photo before cutting them out and using in game?

The reason I ask, is we have been producing thousands of cut-outs over on sortitoutsi.net and I have always wondered where we stand legally!? :confused:

Also is there any scope for SI to include any of this work to help produce a better game?

• SI Staff
Do SI have to get permission of the producers of each photo before cutting them out and using in game?

The photos we get are either sent from the clubs themselves or are paid for from a photo agency.

Unfortunately we can't include fan created player pictures in the game, although if you are that keen I can send you the backlog we have here and you can do them for us ;)

Thanks Ter.

Are all pictures being updated again in FM09 or will the old ones be used?

The reason I ask, is we have been producing thousands of cut-outs over on sortitoutsi.net

RowRow78, want to say thanks for the great work you do on these packs I've used many of yours.

I see loads of different types of facepacks but becuase I play loads of leagues I want as many faces as possible in my game that are of the same style. The only way to get this is to use Si's choice. You must spend many hours for the community creating these packs. I am trying to learn how to do them and have followed tutorials posted but still find things like removing grass from between spikey hair almost impossible, any tips from you or Ter are appreciated.

RowRow78, want to say thanks for the great work you do on these packs I've used many of yours.

I see loads of different types of facepacks but becuase I play loads of leagues I want as many faces as possible in my game that are of the same style. The only way to get this is to use Si's choice. You must spend many hours for the community creating these packs. I am trying to learn how to do them and have followed tutorials posted but still find things like removing grass from between spikey hair almost impossible, any tips from you or Ter are appreciated.

Cheers buddy, nice to feel appreciated - yes it does take time!

Watch my latest video tutorial for how I do things here

I use eraser brush size 5 and manually go round the cutout and then zoom in really close and use size 2 for the hair, it's a little fiddly but I find gets the best results - I find magnetic lasso, background eraser or magnetic wand layer cuts aren't as effective as doing the cut-out myself - That said, I love players with shaven heads! ;)

R

Archived