Finances

Hi all,

Need some help with this. My mate and I want to start a version where where one is at Hibs and the other at Hearts. Now as we want to challenge the big 2 we have upped our reputation and given ourselves 25M. We started this version but soon realised we would need more than 25M so edited it to 100M but when we load up we only have 12.5M. Seems the more money we put in we still only have 12.5M. Is there a reason why we cant give ourselves 100M? I have noticed big clubs signing players for 40M+ so they must have it.

Any ideas?

JR

if youre using the editor that came with the game, any changes you make only appear when you create a new game. to chage things in the game youve already started, you need a "real-time" editor, like fmm...

if youre using the editor that came with the game, any changes you make only appear when you create a new game. to chage things in the game youve already started, you need a "real-time" editor, like fmm...

yes we have been starting the game from fresh each time....but never have a large amount of money.....been pressing start new game...do you mean completely come out and reload from start?

sorry but what is a .edt??

Something that badly needs a new guide written and floated on the editor board. Have to dig for 2-3 year old information on them!

Open a text file. Save it as "all file types" rather than "text file" and name it "rich.edt" - Save it inside program files / fm08 / db / database you use I beleive. Alternatively it may be in documents and settings / my documents / si / fm08? Depends where your database you want to play is sitting on the pc.

Now inside it, type the following:

"BOOST_TEAM" "team full name" 20000000 7000 40000 - this would set team full name's finances to £20 million (out of £2 Billlion), their reputation to 7000 (out of 10000) and their stadium capacity to 40000.

you can have multiple lines of boost in one .edt.

Another thing you can do is:

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Barcelona" "Celtic" - this command would put BArcelona in the SPL and Celtic in the Spanish top flight.

I think there's also "Sugardaddy" "Chelsea" ?

to activate it, you need to go to preferences inside fm and make sure it's ticked.

Ahh you can't beat a bit of two player rivalry game, fond memories of CM games in the early noughties being the likes of Celtic/Rangers and Barca/Real etc etc.

So true!

I think my best memory of a "rival" game, was back in 05 with an old friend. He was Real and i was Barca. He decided he didn't want Owen anymore and sold him on the cheap to me for £5million. Owen went on to score 50+ goals for me that season, needless to say he wasn't happy!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Thriller

just use FMM, thats the easiest way. or you can offer for players by offering the club(s) £40million after 50 league games and £40 million after 50 league goals. considering you're hearts and hibs most players form your league will want to join you, so keep them for a season then sell them otherwise you'll be forced yo pay £80million for every player youve signed doing this. it also helps your club get richer as you have no outgoings apart from players wages!

Archived