Should the board try and keep you? How to get a huge balance?

I have built up Crewe over the years into a premier league title challenging team with a 37k all seater stadium and several world class players. I have sold players on for alot more than I have bought them and have made a good profit putting a solid £40 million in the bank and never going into debt. Last season I finished 2nd 1 point behind the winners Arsenal, who have now offered me a job.

At Crewe I have £35 million to spend and a wage budget of £1 million per week and I myself earn 31k a week. Arsenals offer is a wage budget of £2.6 million a week a transfer budget of £150 million and my wage would be 200k a week. Now I know Crewe could not afford to offer me that much per week but surely in real life a new contract might be offered to try and keep the man who has built them from obscure league 1 team to title challenging nearly world class team?

Anyone else think it would be realistic for the board to try and tempt me to stay by increasing my wages. I know wages are not that important in game but this would be realistic wouldn't it?

Also Arsenals bank balance is £300 million and thats without selling players for big money and splashing out on players all the time. How the hell can I get Crewe up to that?

I also saved the game on the Arsenal job offer but carried on with Crewe as I do not want to leave Crewe but playing as Arsenal could be great fun with all them funds.

yeah the Crewe board should definitely be trying to keep you, i dont think it ever happens in the game, where you're approached by another club, and your current one makes any effort at all to keep you, no matter how successful you've been.

regarding the bank balance, its down to success really i would think. arsenal are usually always in the top 4, always in the c/l and doing well in the later stages of cups. these alone generate huge amounts of income for the clubs, as you'll probably know. plus there's all the tv money/merchandising etc they get from being a much "bigger" club than Crewe.

I fully agree, as managers we would do the same if another club tried to poach one of our coaches right? At least I do. It would be a nice little addition if the club would "fight" for you a bit if you were one of their favourite personell.

As for the bank balance question, keep in mind that even though you have a 37k stadium, Arsenal's is quite a bit bigger and generate a lot more income per match :)

I just hope the new stadium the board built can be extended even more maybe one day I can have a big bank balance then. I never realised how much money there was in champions league as I never took any notice of the finances until this game. I mean 425k per win, £1 million gate for ever home game and £15 million for TV revenue thats alot of cash.

Thing is we moved from the old stadium into a new one the year we got promoted to the premier league so hopefully we can build the ground bigger and bigger. It was built with a capacity of 18k to start with then the next year they added 6k more and then 12k the year after that. We are always a bit short on filling it usually between 300 - 10 people short. Although we do sell out a bit so I doubt the board will increase again until we can get it full every week anyway.

as far as i am aware there is a max size for each ground and i dont tihnk you can expand beyond that stage. its one of the many problems with taking a bunch of no hopers to worldwide success.

yep there is an expansion capacity set on every ground, if you have fmm you can find it out, otherwise you dont know it...

It would be a nice feature if your current club made more of an effort in trying to keep you.

perhaps media items like 'The Crew board have announced that they will do all they can to keep the manager'

Or perhaps if you do stay you could be rewarded by the game by having a worldclass regen come up through your academy.

I'm in a similar situation where I have had massive success and am being poached by the bigger clubs and I still only get offered a 2 year contract.

might be worth having a look, back when you saved it where you got offered the arsenal job.. maybe it gets "un-greyed" ???

edit: its a complete stab in the dark, i have no clue whether it will work or not!

Archived