Stupid stinking chairman!

On my Tottenham save, I am doing brilliantly in my first season and I am currently scrapping for 4th place with Portsmouth (Liverpool have been rubbish again) but at the start of the season I wanted four top class strikers capable of filliing in for eachother when another got injured or suspended, and as you know Tottenham start off with 4 top class strikers on FM08.

Then Portsmouth slapped an £8 million bid in for Defoe and before I knew it the chairman had accepted it. The transfer went through but it didn't bother me as I managed to tie-up Huntelaar for £7.5 million, trouble is he hasn't really performed well in his first season and what surprised me was that Keane seemed lacklustre up until the last few months of the season. Berbatov and Bent were scoring all the goals.

But this morning took the biscuit. AC Milan stuck a £15 million bid in for Berbatov, and Levy again accepted it, fair enough if it was £30 million or something, I would have drove him to Italy myself but for £15 million? I am seriously considering resigning. I have offered Berbatov a new contract in a last ditch attempt to persuade him to stay, but to be honest he is bound to leave isnt he?

Come on SI at least give me some options where I can voice my displeasure at the board? The game is taking the biscuit now.

I know slightly off-topic, but what ever happened to the chairman wanting 2/3 world-class players every few seasons, and if you didn't he would buy one. I know it was a little annoying (well, very annoying if he bought a bad one for about £20mill) but it was a sort of lucky dip.

It would be better if when a bid is accepted by the chairman you could ask for abit more money to get a proper replacement in, especially if he is your best player. Context also helps, when promoted and players values shoot up, you can easily lose your best players to bigger clubs often in the same division.

i would have thought that was pretty self-explanatory?? obviously not.

bit of 10m, negotiated to 16.75.. re-negotiated to 11... they asked for 15... offered 12.75, and they accepted

Yes, I think SI might have overdone chairman interference a bit. A feature to interact with the chairman on these decisions would balance this nicely. You don't want to fight with the chairman/board, but what you say will logically hold some weight for any club that isn't a huge organization like Chelsea (where a coach will seem less significant and more easily replaceable), so if you say that the boards are lunatics for considering a specific offer, they will surely consider that, whereas a mild complaint might more easily be ignored, depending on how it's made and the situation as well as the personality of the chairman.

It would be realistic, and I think that the game sometimes needs the player's input as it's not advanced enough to consider everything in-depth. £15M for Berbatov might seem fine for the chairman, even if the club is doing well financially, but the players have a much better idea of what he can provide the team or what he could potentially be worth.

But wouldn't the chairman think ive got 4 world class strikers, we don't really need and im getting £15 million sell him? I know that interference can be bad, Middlesborough usually get taken over by a Mexican board and they allway block moves for players that aren't of a high enough calibre.

Archived