unhappy players

what happens to players who are unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs, but you still keep playing them regualy? does thier performance drop to an extent where you are forced to let them go? do they eventually get over it? does thier performance not change until?

It all depends on the player and the scenario. I've had situations where the player in particular does not perform very well and I've had to sell him, but I've also had it many times where the player gets over it and decides to stay. It also depends on how you handle the situation as well (awarding them better contracts, better team status, praising, etc).

well actually im asking because since the transfer window before the season begun, my up and coming striker had been unhappy follwing ac milans rejected offer, however he impressed in pre-season so i thought id start him a couple of times in the league and euro qualifiers...a couple of hat tricks later and he now has 23 goals in 13 games- whilst STILL with the unhappy status!! i wish ALL my players were unhappy!

i also tend to set stupidly hight valuations. bids stop and you end up just getting enquiries

I do that too, but it seems a bit easy to avoid making a player unhappy, they should bring back the feature where the player would then become unhappy because they thought they were overpriced.

Depends on the Professionalism of the player. I've had one or two players at Werder Bremen who wanted to move clubs in summer, but were happy again by the time the season started. Per Mertesacker was so happy at being made captain that he chose to sign a new contract at Bremen and reject Barcelona!

i've not noticed their form drop. its something i'd like to see explored in more detail in future games.

for example a player of mine can really want to leave and he start playing slightly worse. but is this due to him wantingto leave? his morale is still superb. which in itself is strange i thing.

another player is unhappy and not being allowed to leave but is putting in the best performance of his career. although this could be due to him wanting to impress visiting scouts.

i do remember players saying they were being priced out of the market but haven't see n it resently . would be good

You can avoid players being unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs. When you see in the transfer bid it says the player wants to be able to discuss terms with the other club, just offer the player a contract, whether they want to negotiate one or not.

barzagli wanted to leave sevilla in august 2008. he was Unh until i made him captain. the whole squad got a morale boost as a result.

liverpool and barcelona made enquiries in august 2009 and he said that he would not be leaving the club he loves, or something like that. i don't reject bids, i just up the asking price so the bid is withdrawn, although madrid bid £14M for alberto zapater, so i upped to £31M thinking they'd drop out (they did with barzagli), but they tabled the bid. i rejected after delaying the decision, which i never do, but he is so important to the way i play that i had to think getting £31M and a replacement over, and the window was nearly closed.

i tried to see if they'd offer £40M, but when i offered him out nobody bid and he thought i was forcing him out of the club. thats how to make your best player Unh. :)

Archived