Manager Interface Improvements

Theres a few things i think could be added/amended with regards to the manager and how you can view/access things in fm..

1. I feel a "staff shortlist" would be a good addition. if you start a new game, and know the coaches/staff you would like to hire, you have to search for them one by one, or club by club. why not have a shortlist you can save, and import when you start the game??
  2. i'd much prefer it if the game could remember your preferences when it comes to which match screens you have set up, etc. it does annoy a bit having to select the same screen every time you play a match because the game wont remember it.
  3. similar to the above... the filters in the squad screens only stay in place for a certain amount of time. i filter out the players in my reserves who are out on loan for a reason -> because they are not available to me. surely the game could remember the fact i dont want to see them whilst theyre away???
  4. wouldnt mind the ability to name a couple of favourite players/staff either, i know this has been touched on before...
  5. and finally... the damn scrollbars in the team screen. i tend to have a few more players in my first team squad than fit on the given page, so the scrollbars appear at the side. now, surely if i scroll down, and select one of my strikers, then return to the team screen, it could STAY scrolled down to the bottom, rather than snapping back up to the top, or, as it does in some cases, to a completely random place in the squad list if i happen to be looking at all my players???

I really like all these ideas! and i don't think they are difficult to implement either which gives them a better chance of being in future versions.

What annoys me about the scrollbars is that they never used to be like that and i'm not sure if they thought it would be better this way but it definatly isn't.

number 2 is such a small problem

but it really annoys me because it so easy to fix

thats the general idea, theyre pretty simple things and i would like to think theyre pretty easy to include/fix, especially as, like medo said, the scrollbars never used to be like they are now....

Good stuff.

The scrollbars have definitely begun to annoy me on the team I have with a long player list - but I've simply started inverting the sort order when I start getting near the bottom of the page. So when you're going to go look at your strikers, you flip the sort order so strikers are at the top.

A couple I would add:

Its not just remember which screen I prefer to look at during a match, but also:

Remember my settings for Replay and Highlights per squad. For example, if I'm managing Nigeria, I might want to watch Nigeria matches on Extended Highlights, Nigeria Under-21 matches on Key Highlights, and Nigeria Under-19 matches on Commentary Only. Just remember that! (This comes up often for me because I like to manage my Reserves, but I hate missing the start of a senior match on Commentary Only because I forgot to change the setting.)

On the Settings screen, if I turn Sounds Off, please remember what I had set as the Sound Cache. Currently, the Sound Cache reverts to "None", so when I turn Sounds On again later, I have to set it back to "Smart" manually.

On the Manager Home Page, why can't each item fit into both the narrow and the wide view? It would be a lot more flexible that way, even if some of the items get a minimal treatment in the narrow view.

I would add something to your shortlist idea. I would like to see a club shortlist so we can follow some clubs. That way we could have important news or have warnings about their manager leaving. In many cases my favourite club fires the manager and i don't know nothing about it.

yep, they'd be good additions as well...i like the one about following clubs.. maybe if you're not managing your favourite club(s) it could keep you updated of major developments regarding that club and its players/staff... and one i saw in another thread...

when you make a player unavailable for loan/transfer, he STAYS that way, not made available again a few weeks later!!

and one thats just occurred to me now... how about when someone's making an enquiry about your players, having a button that says "just make me a sensible offer" get fed up of negotiating prices with teams for players i dont want. any money for em will do me...

Archived