How many leagues can i run

All of them. After 10+ seasons it may start to go slower, but if you upgrade to 4GB Ram, you'll never have a problem. If you ran 50% of them on that spec, you'd enjoy your game immensely, and it'd still run smooth, and fast.

If you do upgrade your ram to 4GB you should be made aware of the fact that if you only have a 32 bit version of windows then you won't have access to all the 4GB. If you want access to the full 4GB then you'll also have to upgrade to a 64 bit version of windows.

Sorry to butt in on this guy's thread, but I thought it would be pretty pointless and could create a lot of spam/unnecessary threads if every time someone wanted the same advice started a new thread, so I hope the OP doesn't mind me settling here for a bit. I don't have much idea about computers, so I was hoping someone could tell me what I could expect to run comfortably on my system:

2eob9fd.jpg

Cheers.

Again, it's entirely dependant upon how much sitting around you're willing to do and how long you expect to go.

If a little sitting around doesn't bother you, but you only plan to play 20 seasons, 4 countries would be fine. If you hate sitting around and plan to go 50 years*, perhaps 1 or 2.

I run 24 leagues from 10 countries on a dual-core 2.2ghz/2GB system and after 20 years I was annoyed with its sluggishness. But I'm the impatient type :)

VB

* the thing with the length of game is filesize. My 27 year game mentioned above is a 560mb save. So naturally with only a gig of ram you'll start struggling when it gets near that size. So less leagues and shorter games = smaller save size so smoother performance.

Archived