Asus eee 1000H

Im going to purchase one of these the specs are

1.6 Ghz multithreading Intel Atom processor (New)

1GB ram

Intel graphics chip

80GB hard drive with XP pre installed

anyone with roughly same specs tell me if thats good enough for a small game of fm because i play my big games on my good computer?

Depends on what you call a small game.

If you tweak detail levels, disable unnecessary processes (Disk Indexing Service, iTunes, QuickTime, etc.), don't multi task too much (e.g. multiple IE windows open, iTunes running in the background, etc), exclude everywhere FM reads/writes to from your anti-virus (or disable the antivirus while playing FM)then it should run fine.

Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz, 512 MB RAM with all of the above tweaks runs England BSS/BSN up fine for me.

Then again 'fine' depends on your expectations so given you already have a 'good computer' for running the game then anything slower may feel like torture :D

• 1 month later...

Hey Megafan,

I was also thinking of getting a ASUS Eee PC 1000H, Did you get yours and How did FM 2008 run ?

I am not a computer genius by any stretch, Was it easy to install FM 08 on the EEPC ?

I would love to hear your feedback, I need a mirco computer for Long flights around the world, My 17inch is a bit too heavy and large.

Cheers

Loz

Archived