future transfers

I have set some future transfers up in the editor to get rid of a few of the high wage earners at Villa so I can get on with my project similar to that of PL at the club at the moment. I noticed that none of the transfer money goes into my transfer budget (I have checked my finances and I should get 70%) but the wage budget does increase. Any reason why my transfer budget isn't increasing?

I assume it is because the money coming in has already been accounted for (as the board knew the money was coming in at the start of the game) and therefore doesn't affect the allocation of transfer funds.

Incidentally, I've started a game on similar lines. I've set Cuellar, Guzan and Heskey to "leaving at end of contract" on the editor, and started the game from January (using Swedish league on start up) with no first window transfer funds, and holidayed until season end. I've had to do it a few times, so that I end up with a situation with Villa finishing in a poor position, like IRL.

That's fair enough but the amount given at the start of the game is the same whether the future transfer happen or not. Perhaps the only way round is to use FMRTE and increase my budget in line with what comes in. Do you have a save from when you started in the summer with Villa having a poor 1st season?

That's fair enough but the amount given at the start of the game is the same whether the future transfer happen or not. Perhaps the only way round is to use FMRTE and increase my budget in line with what comes in. Do you have a save from when you started in the summer with Villa having a poor 1st season?

You edited the future transfer but you didn't edit any money/budgets which suggests you only did half of what you want.

Archived