FM08 [EUC Clan]: The Spanish Inquistion Returns

Guest sav112

spaninq-1.gif

Introduction. “We don’t need no stinking introductionâ€

Well we’ve been around since the dark days; yes I do mean CM04! Last time around we managed to play to the finish of season 2028-29, and I do mean play…..some late nights were involved. We have made Spain our spiritual home with its fantastic wealth of talent. We start at the top with a Random Draw….but we all know once we get the Glory Hunting, Splash the cash days behind us its back to the lower Divisions ala the Sav rule. What’s that you ask – Rule:1338 (just when you feel everything is going well you get sacked and thrown down to the lower divisions)

So who’s earned there rightful place on here

Davie "Stabwest" Orr

Mainstay in the clan having joined way back yonder, now hosting the sister game of the Scots on a Sunday. He won everything last season after working his way back to the top with Sevilla. Can he keep up the standard!

Emir "Azmodai" Karakurt

A Turk that does all our banners….A bit of a Glory hunter but we loving him for that. An adopted Scot and always provides strong competition. Faded out last term but he’ll be back looking for blood.

Stewart "Sav112" Robertson

Host for all his sins. Still getting sacked far too many times but works hard to build his teams up. Got promotion last game and figured in so many Clubs that it was hard to keep track.

Jonny “Jonny†Kaufman

Jonny a welcome young member to the clan, a solid player and always there ready on Clan nights. Fondly remembered for taking so long to get past the playoffs with his team.

Tim “Timmy†Prescott

Another welcome addition to the clan game. Done well last outing and hoping to show the rest what he can do this time with a good start.

Ferg “Old Gitâ€

What can we say he supports Liverpool, but let’s not hold that against him. Solid player from last game who missed out as he came in late and pulled down to the lower divisions. Ferg with Money no there is a thought!

Gary “Gaz†Toner

Been around the clan since the early days with the Scots, sure to challenge and scout the hell out of the new game. Official Glasgow Rangers Researcher so committed to the game.

Powlay

Been around the block and back in the fold once again. Sure to add something to the clan. A welcome addition and a seasoned player.

More poor souls to be added.

Andy “Pricey†Price

New to our Clan game but played before in an other Clan game.

More souls will no doubt be added.

The madness begins again and this time its personal…..who could forget the stealing of staff from last game

The team draw is made this Monday in the #Sunday.fmclan room on MIRC at 6pm

Please do not post in this thread asking to join the game, all places are taken at the moment and if we have a spot available we will advertise in the 'Clan Advertisments' thread.

spaninq-1.gif

Introduction. “We don’t need no stinking introductionâ€

Well we’ve been around since the dark days; yes I do mean CM04! Last time around we managed to play to the finish of season 2028-29, and I do mean play…..some late nights were involved. We have made Spain our spiritual home with its fantastic wealth of talent. We start at the top with a Random Draw….but we all know once we get the Glory Hunting, Splash the cash days behind us its back to the lower Divisions ala the Sav rule. What’s that you ask – Rule:1338 (just when you feel everything is going well you get sacked and thrown down to the lower divisions)

So who’s earned there rightful place on here

Davie "Stabwest" Orr

Mainstay in the clan having joined way back yonder, now hosting the sister game of the Scots on a Sunday. He won everything last season after working his way back to the top with Sevilla. Can he keep up the standard!

Emir "Azmodai" Karakurt

A Turk that does all our banners….A bit of a Glory hunter but we loving him for that. An adopted Scot and always provides strong competition. Faded out last term but he’ll be back looking for blood.

Stewart "Sav112" Robertson

Host for all his sins. Still getting sacked far too many times but works hard to build his teams up. Got promotion last game and figured in so many Clubs that it was hard to keep track.

Jonny “Jonny†Kaufman

Jonny a welcome young member to the clan, a solid player and always there ready on Clan nights. Fondly remembered for taking so long to get past the playoffs with his team.

Tim “Timmy†Prescott

Another welcome addition to the clan game. Done well last outing and hoping to show the rest what he can do this time with a good start.

Ferg “Old Gitâ€

What can we say he supports Liverpool, but let’s not hold that against him. Solid player from last game who missed out as he came in late and pulled down to the lower divisions. Ferg with Money no there is a thought!

Gary “Gaz†Toner

Been around the clan since the early days with the Scots, sure to challenge and scout the hell out of the new game. Official Glasgow Rangers Researcher so committed to the game.

Powlay

Been around the block and back in the fold once again. Sure to add something to the clan. A welcome addition and a seasoned player.

More poor souls to be added.

Andy “Pricey†Price

New to our Clan game but played before in an other Clan game.

More souls will no doubt be added.

The madness begins again and this time its personal…..who could forget the stealing of staff from last game

The team draw is made this Monday in the #Sunday.fmclan room on MIRC at 6pm

Please do not post in this thread asking to join the game, all places are taken at the moment and if we have a spot available we will advertise in the 'Clan Advertisments' thread.

The Draw!

AZ At.Madrid

Davie Racing

Gaz Valladolid

Ferg Almeria

Jonny Valencia

Powlay Mallorca

Tim Getafe

Sav Sevilla

Andy P Barcelona

Grant Espanyol

Some big clubs in the mix.

Almeria! Just my luck! 20 teams in La Liga and I get the team predicted to come 20th! A massive 68k to spend, (I had more at Marbella), board think they are too big to have a parent club and a nickname I can't spell never mind pronounce! icon_confused.gif

First four games, Sevilla, Real Madrid, Barca and Deportivo. Who needs LLM for a challenge, just sign up for Almeria. Now where's my map of Spain, so's I know where the nearest golf course is. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jonny “Jonny†Kaufman

Jonny a welcome young member to the clan, a solid player and always there ready on Clan nights. Fondly remembered for taking so long to get past the playoffs with his team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look Jonny its sorted, HAPPY????? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jonny “Jonny†Kaufman

Jonny a welcome young member to the clan, a solid player and always there ready on Clan nights. Fondly remembered for taking so long to get past the playoffs with his team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look Jonny its sorted, HAPPY????? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong again Davie.

He's fondly remembered for nicking everyone's staff! icon_biggrin.gif

Do u guys have a website im looking to join a well run clan and just wanted to reasearch a bit on different groups such as yourselfs.

Although i have no idea if u have any space or if you have some massive waiting list.

Wasnt there some sign up threads for all clans to pick from a while back... hmmm ive been away a bit gonna go check now.

Good luck with your new seasons guys, best of luck. icon_smile.gif

Peace.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

look Jonny its sorted, HAPPY????? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will never be happy.

Well if you’re not happy and with Valencia………. icon_rolleyes.gif. I knew too many Jonny’s about would cause problems.

Thanks again to Goldy......payment sent in the post......Just the usual pair of Davies underwear and that picture of Ferg’s Dog you were after…. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Well if you’re not happy and with Valencia………. icon_rolleyes.gif. I knew too many Jonny’s about would cause problems.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grammar Sav...think about your grammar.

The correct sentence would be:

I knew too many Jonnys about would cause problems.

icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Thanks again to Goldy......payment sent in the post......Just the usual pair of Davies underwear and that picture of Ferg’s Dog you were after…. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im so excited, cant wait till the postman comes round now!

Oh and no probs at all! icon_smile.gif

Last but not least, all the best of luck chaps!

why that was a gd first proper night for espanyol!

got off to a gd start with first two games a win and a draw. then i came in.

we had a gd victory of 1-0 over atletico madrid after that followed by another win of 5-3 over zaragoza.

then i kinda went but ive been told by my sources that there was a good run and i am currently 3rd in the table.

ive been told that my stats are:

Played 9

won 6

drawn 2

lost 1

points 20

but thats not likely to be accurate :p

Primera División<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Holders - R. Madrid

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | R. Madrid | | 9 | 7 | 1 | 1 | 24 | 12 | +12 | 22 |

| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Barcelona | Andy P| 9 | 6 | 3 | 0 | 27 | 13 | +14 | 21 |

| 3rd | | Espanyol | GRANT | 9 | 6 | 2 | 1 | 18 | 10 | +8 | 20 |

| 4th | | At. Madrid | AZ | 9 | 5 | 2 | 2 | 16 | 8 | +8 | 17 |

| 5th | | Zaragoza | | 9 | 5 | 1 | 3 | 17 | 14 | +3 | 16 |

| 6th | | Murcia | | 9 | 5 | 1 | 3 | 12 | 10 | +2 | 16 |

| 7th | | Betis | | 9 | 5 | 1 | 3 | 13 | 9 | +4 | 16 |

| 8th | | Villarreal | | 9 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 11 | 12 | -1 | 15 |

| 9th | | Athletic | | 9 | 4 | 0 | 5 | 17 | 18 | -1 | 12 |

| 10th | | Valencia | JONNY | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 12 | +1 | 12 |

| 11th | | Sevilla | SAV | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 13 | 0 | 12 |

| 12th | | Recreativo | | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 14 | 16 | -2 | 11 |

| 13th | | Mallorca |POWLAY | 9 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 11 | 16 | -5 | 11 |

| 14th | | Getafe | TIM | 9 | 3 | 1 | 5 | 9 | 13 | -4 | 10 |

| 15th | | Osasuna | | 9 | 3 | 0 | 6 | 10 | 13 | -3 | 9 |

| 16th | | Racing | DAVIE | 9 | 3 | 0 | 6 | 6 | 13 | -7 | 9 |

| 17th | | Almería | FERG | 9 | 2 | 2 | 5 | 8 | 12 | -4 | 8 |

| 18th | | Levante | | 9 | 2 | 1 | 6 | 5 | 12 | -7 | 7 |

| 19th | | Valladolid | GAZ | 9 | 1 | 2 | 6 | 7 | 15 | -8 | 5 |

| 20th | | Deportivo | | 9 | 0 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 14 | -10 | 4 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

|</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Git:

ive been told that my stats are:

Played 9

won 6

drawn 2

lost 1

points 20

but thats not likely to be accurate :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on as it happens!

Apparently were going with the Beta patch….all moans and pointy fingers directed at Davie…..we might have to keep him away from cliff tops and high piers in the future! icon_rolleyes.gif

"

but why did you change finances which were so good and real on 8.0.0 for example... Arsenal now has only 22 mil. € balance and about 50 € for transfers if you promise a title to board... and Barcelona has balance only 17 mil. €..."

i think that values on 8.0.0 were much more real...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riz:

I've just debugged this through step-by-step with Ajax and it seems that this was caused by a change done for the patch to fix an unrelated problem in some competitions, which caused a knock-on effect to the finances, resulting in ignoring the starting cash set in the data.

This issue has now been fixed and will be included in the final version of the patch. I'll just go through all the teams reported so far in this thread to make sure their data is used properly just to be safe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope this is ok....... icon_frown.gif

Almeria had bugger all to start with! So a few mill less won't be an issue. Glad we ain't playing in England, where Man U have so much debt that in order to survive, the financial model forces them to sell all their players!

And make sure you Beta patched....We have jumped off the cliff............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"What's this I see before me, it's moving fast mummy, oh it looks spongey, all soft and fluidic like."

"That'll be the water Dave my lad, it's really nice, except when you jump from 300 feet, now hold tight, it's gonna hurt"

The Draw!

AZ At.Madrid

Davie Racing

Gaz Valladolid

Ferg Almeria

Jonny Valencia

Powlay Mallorca

Tim <STRIKE>Getafe</STRIKE>

Sav <STRIKE>Sevilla</STRIKE>

Andy P Barcelona

Grant Espanyol

Some big clubs in the mix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am just glad I wasn't 1st to get sacked icon_biggrin.gif

am just glad I wasn't 1st to get sacked icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that! icon_wink.gif

Although to be fair to me and Tim there is a major bug still to be resolved with that old chestnut (Morale) I could see it in my games in the number of chances missed…

I foresee at least an other two before the seasons end.

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Although to be fair to me and Tim there is a major bug still to be resolved with that old chestnut (Morale) I could see it in my games in the number of chances missed…

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seen Espanyols morale after the last view games (post patch) Reckon the wee man's for the off next!

personally, it is the patches fault and al i have to say is that everybody but the old man will be sacked due to every other team, but Almeria, has expectations NOT to finish last so even if he does get relegated, the board arent going to unhappy because thats what they expected

am just glad I wasn't 1st to get sacked icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that! icon_wink.gif

Although to be fair to me and Tim there is a major bug still to be resolved with that old chestnut (Morale) I could see it in my games in the number of chances missed…

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course it was all the patches fault, oh and you cant forget about the ***** assman icon_wink.gif

The Draw!

AZ At.Madrid

Davie <STRIKE>Racing</STRIKE>

Gaz Valladolid

Ferg Almeria

Jonny Valencia

Powlay Mallorca

Andy P Barcelona

Grant Espanyol

Some big clubs in the mix. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I walked icon_biggrin.gif

now Az wheres our f**kin banners icon_mad.gif

I walked icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But the club had the Taxi waiting….. icon_wink.gif

The Draw!

AZ At.Madrid (Iffy)

Davie <STRIKE>Racing</STRIKE>

Gaz Valladolid (Looking Dodgy)

Ferg Almeria (Safe as houses)

Jonny Valencia (Prob OK)

Powlay Mallorca (Iffy)

Andy P Barcelona (Ok but a couple of defeats will change that)

Grant Espanyol (Didgy)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived