Transfer Help

Hi.

Trying to sign a player in football manager 2012 but keep getting this message from the agent: my client isn't prepared to restart these discussions due to the breakdown of the last contract.

Is there any chance this might go-away so i can offer a fresh contract ?

cheers.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing CM/FM for ages but I had not bought the game since since FM 2010 and have just started with FM 2012.

I'm managing in the lower leagues and tried to sign a player for lower wages than he demanded because the board would not allow me to offer more. I tried using various clauses to make up the difference, but in the end I was forced to give him a final offer that was non-negotiable. He rejected the terms and has been unwilling to restart discussions for more than three months now. Isn't this a little extreme, especially when he is literally making no wage at his current club and his contract has expired?

Clearly the game requires waiting more than two weeks for some cases, as opposed to what was suggested above. How long might I have to wait for this player to restart discussions? Or is it a lost cause?

I cleared wages to make room for a higher offer, and I'm confident that I can give him what he demands now, but it seems that I may never get the chance.

What does it say when you scout him? If he is interested in joining your club try to praise him in the media and declare interest. It might just be that his agent is upset with you for making a non-negotiable offer, but a media comment might help things along.

What does it say when you scout him? If he is interested in joining your club try to praise him in the media and declare interest. It might just be that his agent is upset with you for making a non-negotiable offer, but a media comment might help things along.

The player has no agent. This is non-league football. I already tried praising him in the media and still nothing. He was interested all along. He simply will not restart discussions, and it's been four months now.

The player has no agent. This is non-league football. I already tried praising him in the media and still nothing. He was interested all along. He simply will not restart discussions, and it's been four months now.

Well for your players when you are discussing contracts it takes somewhere between 4-6 months but thats as long as they are interested in signing.

Scouting the player should give you an idea if he is interested in talking and if he is I suspect he'll talk in the next couple of months.

Archived