Some flaws

I am going to mention a few flaws in the game. They are quite obvious though and you probably already know of them. All related to the match game engine.

1. First, there are no quick throwouts from the goalkeepers. They always wait some seconds before delivering the ball, hence no counter attack is possible.

2. And now one that annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes (quite often actually) when a player has the ball near the sideline while not moving, perhaps looking for options, they tend to step on the ball turning from left to right. This often causes the ball to cross the line to a throw in, even though they are not under pressure. This has got me raging several times.

3. And now the fair play implementation. It simply does not work as intended. Often the ball ends with the team not supposed to have it according to the fair play "rules".

Now what I'm really hoping for is a much better graphics engine. Have you seen the physics of FIFA 12? It's absolutely amazing. It would be so awesome with an engine like that. And then you could actually see if that penalty that cost you the game were bad or good refereeing. So just buy the FIFA12 engine, mod it a bit, and there you go :p !!!

Cheers

1. I agree with that, there should be more variety with GK distribution.

2. I don't agree. Players make simple mistakes in the real life game, even the best players in the world fail to trap the ball, let it run out of play by mistake, mis-kick it etc. The game doesn't have enough simple mistakes that mirror real life in my opinion.

3. Not sure if I've ever noticed a team gain an unfair advantage from that myself.

I don't think FM will have 1990's little stick men graphics forever, it'll improve year by year, but I'd say Fifa type graphics are a long way off yet though. Match engine logic should always be a priority over graphics anyway, and in that department FM wipes the floor with anything EA and their multimillion pound budgets have so far come up with.

Just when I was about to take you seriously:D

Don't you think FIFA has some great graphics? I know it's 2 very different games but graphics are okay.

4. Short freekicks mess up way too often. How diffcult can it be to pass the ball 5 meters without an opponent nearby?

5. Players (mostly defenders) panicking without an opponent nearby and tossing the ball out of bounds.

I can keep going all day.

"I don't think FM will have 1990's little stick men graphics forever, it'll improve year by year, but I'd say Fifa type graphics are a long way off yet though. Match engine logic should always be a priority over graphics anyway, and in that department FM wipes the floor with anything EA and their multimillion pound budgets have so far come up with."

I would sooner FM concentrate on the game itself, the ineffectual meetings, poor responses to player interaction, improved transfer/loan dealing, etc. In effect the game play outside the match engine is more in need of improvement. I have played this game so much, I hardly ever watch anything except goal highlights anyway.

It wasn't that, it was the thought that SI could just buy the FIFA engine and "mod it a bit"

It's not unreasonable....... just expect to pay close to £100 for the game;)

2. And now one that annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes (quite often actually) when a player has the ball near the sideline while not moving, perhaps looking for options, they tend to step on the ball turning from left to right. This often causes the ball to cross the line to a throw in, even though they are not under pressure. This has got me raging several times.

Normally I sigh when I see threads like this. But to be fair to you. Point no2 is a royal pain in the ar$e. It does happen way to often for me to ignore it..... not that I can do much about it.

LAM

Archived